General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MoCo at it Again

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011 | 02:02 PM
golfmajic
|
Road Captain
From: Ottawa, Canada, summer, Daytona Beach Florida, winter
Default MoCo at it Again

Well MoCo seems to be at it again, they just do not want we owners to get any sort of a deal on HD Products.
I just bought an HD part from a Harley Dealer in MI, good price, could not find a deal in my area, ordered the part and 3 days later it was at my door, what service.
In the package is a nice color flyer entitled "Bad News & Good News"
It reads "As of January 1st 2012 we will no longer sell Genuine Harley Davidson Parts and Accessories through the eBay & Amazon marketplaces. This is a bit of a bummer since we have met some awesome folks over the past 3 years. We have had many repeat customers and its been a great ride.

The dealer than goes on to say contact them directly for continued good prices and service.

Looks like some dealers are not happy with the dealing of other dealers and MoCo is putting some sort of an end to parts sell offs. Not the best for we Bike owners maybe better for some dealers and MoCO, who will ever really know!

My 2 cents worth for the day, Beer Time.

Old 10-20-2011 | 02:29 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master

May not be MoCo. It may have to do with State Sales Tax. California is trying to make eBay and Amazon collect sales tax.

Old 10-20-2011 | 02:37 PM
rocstar50
Cruiser

Since July 2011 I can no longer source parts from US based sellers either on Ebay or HD online stores. HD policy is not to allow these sellers to ship to addresses outside the US. So much for free trade in the "land of the free".

Old 10-20-2011 | 02:41 PM
Nightstalker88
Tourer

Part of dealer protectionism, you'll be forced to pay what the local dealer charges. even over MSRP. The CVO I was interested is selling at my local dealer for $4,000 over suggested retail, at this time of year in Ohio.

Old 10-20-2011 | 03:32 PM
Bikenator
Club Member

Originally Posted by rocstar50
Since July 2011 I can no longer source parts from US based sellers either on Ebay or HD online stores. HD policy is not to allow these sellers to ship to addresses outside the US. So much for free trade in the "land of the free".
Gosh...you might actually have to support your local in-country Harley-Davidson dealer...oh the horror!!
http://www.dublinharley-davidson.com/

Old 10-20-2011 | 04:05 PM
K00LJerk
Road Captain

Or you can look at it from their view people who buy from unauthorized parts dealers then expect Harley to back parts not bought from them. As you can see it can open up a whole legal can of worms. You can thank counterfeiting and lawyers JMHO.

Old 10-20-2011 | 04:26 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocstar50

Originally Posted by Bikenator
Gosh...you might actually have to support your local in-country Harley-Davidson dealer...oh the horror!!
Yeah-- and we'll just take a baseball bat and a jar of vaseline with us and hand it over across the P&A counter.....

Old 10-20-2011 | 04:27 PM
whiskyls1
Tourer

My dealer had a VIP card that you can purchase for $50. It entitles you to 20% parts and motor clothes. Card is good for like 2 years too!

Old 10-20-2011 | 04:28 PM
Virgil Cain
Cruiser

Uh...if you saw my local H-D dealer you realize the horror.

Old 10-20-2011 | 05:06 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bikenator
Well seeing as how a 883 sportster sells for a base price of $16,130. I can see the allure to shop at lower prices.....I'm actually for other nations buying from the US as it supports our economy!

Quick Reply: MoCo at it Again