General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley boot camp!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 10:31 AM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder if they will cover the "if you dont use genuine HD products you will void your warranty" stuff....

Old 10-19-2011, 10:36 AM
dirtyharryfxrt
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess HD got sick of guys showing up to the ladies "Garage Party" in drag and figured they would let the guys have their own.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:45 AM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RHPAW
Apparently, the genius that hired Elton John for the 100th still works there.
Yup. In fact here is at a recent Harley Boot Camp....

Last edited by HarleyRanger; 10-19-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:48 AM
dbk1029
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, some of you guys are rough. I am a new rider and I just bought my first bike and I bought a Harley. Had this been offered when I was looking for the MSF courses in my area I would have checked it out. I would still have taken the MSF course too though. I know very little about bikes mechanically and I am looking forward to learning more as time goes on.

I think H-D could have put it together a little better from a merketing stand point but if it brings in new riders, great. I think sometimes some of us forget that everyone has to start somewhere, regardless of the endeavor, and not everyone has had the privilege of being on a bike since they were young and come into the life of riding later on (like me).

Old 10-19-2011, 11:15 AM
aces25
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dbk1029
Man, some of you guys are rough. I am a new rider and I just bought my first bike and I bought a Harley. Had this been offered when I was looking for the MSF courses in my area I would have checked it out. I would still have taken the MSF course too though. I know very little about bikes mechanically and I am looking forward to learning more as time goes on.

I think H-D could have put it together a little better from a merketing stand point but if it brings in new riders, great. I think sometimes some of us forget that everyone has to start somewhere, regardless of the endeavor, and not everyone has had the privilege of being on a bike since they were young and come into the life of riding later on (like me).
This isn't a substitute for the MSF course, just a free info session on motorcycles for those unfamiliar. You get a free "class", HD gets one-on-one marketing to hook you. I'd be wary in attending one of these, as I'd imagine they will say all the things necessary to make you a perfect HD customer - only buy HD aftermarket parts and extras, HD clothing gear is better, all maintenance only at dealers, etc.

I didn't grow up on a motorcycle and took the MSF course a couple years after high school. Bought my first bike (HD) after landing a job. It's been a little over 2 years now and I'm still learning plenty. This forum is more help than any "boot camp" will offer.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:44 PM
dbk1029
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that one needs to be wary as the attendee needs to realize that this IS something being offered by H-D so they are going to tell you to buy H-D. I would not have used this as a substitute for the MSF course but would have gone to see what it was about and hopefully gain a nugget or two of usable information from the class.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:57 PM
gred-04
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in the minority but I dont think it is such a bad idea.

It costs someone nothing to get a little information about
bikes, maybe sit on one in person, and get some answers
to questions they may have.

It is good for HD too. Might sell some bikes.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:12 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aces25
I'd be wary in attending one of these, as I'd imagine they will say all the things necessary to make you a perfect HD customer - only buy HD aftermarket parts and extras, HD clothing gear is better, all maintenance only at dealers, etc.
What's to be wary of? Anyone with half a brain can see the MoCo is obviously steering customers toward their brand. I don't see anything wrong with the Camp deal. And to point out more obvious things, of course they are going to say use their brand for everything- that's called Capitalism and product promotion at it's finest!

You guys need to relax.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:24 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,140 Likes on 12,206 Posts

I'm thinking I might sit in on one of these.......

you know......just to help out

Old 10-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,082 Likes on 1,514 Posts

c'mon man, this is how SOA got their start ...

Quick Reply: Harley boot camp!