General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shoei MultiTech Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 03:24 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Druid
That's exactly how I feel about my modular HJC Helmet. I like it, but the chin-up position is only good for when you are not riding the bike (getting gas, talking with people, etc).
Or eating a Snickers bar waiting on someone to finish filling up...

Old 10-18-2011, 03:37 PM
1potter1
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Enjoy mine, Ive had mine for 4-5 years. Makes it easy to drink my coffee!

Old 10-18-2011, 05:24 PM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had mine for a couple of years. Much quieter, lighter, and more comfortable than my HJC Symax.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:27 AM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I am a huge Shoei fan. I have been riding in a 3/4 RJ Air for years. This year I spent some time watching face-plant crash videos on You Tube and decided to get something offering more protection. There are plenty of reviews out there on the web that summarize the Multi-Tech as excellent quality for a modular, but still nosier than preferred, pricey, and has fogging problems. The other complaint that I read and experienced when trying on the Multi-Tech is that the chin bar is very close to the chin. I didn't like it that it was so close I could jut out my chin and touch it.

Therefore, I did something I hadn't set out to do. I bought a Shoei Quest full-face. It was $100 less than the Multi-Tech. It is quiet and very comfortable. It fogs up more easily on cool mornings than I would prefer but other than that, I like it.

I won't stick my melon in anything but a Shoei.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:34 AM
fatbob123
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Schuberth are the best flip helmet in the world - lighter/quieter/ better design etc

Old 10-20-2011, 09:11 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by fatbob123
Schuberth are the best flip helmet in the world - lighter/quieter/ better design etc
Yikes! $700! It better be better!

Old 10-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Schuberth has some really fantastic features. However, it just didn't fit my head, nor my wallet I ended up with a Shoei Qwest which is incredibly comfortable for me.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:48 AM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't dispute its a great helmet.
I do question your 'better design' & 'best' statement as it obviously can't be rode in the open position like the SHARK.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Fattire_Biker
Cruiser

I've had my MultiTech for about 2 1/2 years. It's a quality well built helmet. SNELL & DOT compliant. Comfortable. Not sure how the noise level compares with other modulars. When traveling, I will flip up the chin bar as I cruise through the small towns. Don't really don't like to have the chin bar up doing much more than about 45 mph. My only complaint is that the helmet is enormous. Looks like I have a big watermelon stuck between my shoulders.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:30 AM
fatbob123
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HarleyRanger
I don't dispute its a great helmet.
I do question your 'better design' & 'best' statement as it obviously can't be rode in the open position like the SHARK.

Correct me if I am wrong ( and I do tend to be ) but is the Shark fully certified as a full face helmet when closed or as a modular helmet - I know the C3 is actually full ECU / DOT approved once fully closed passes all the full face tests with flying colours. I believe its one of the very few that does

Last edited by fatbob123; 10-20-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Shoei MultiTech Helmet