General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

queston for all you harley owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 02:43 PM
student
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default queston for all you harley owners

hi i am completing an assignment on brand communities and trying to answer the following question -

“Did you buy your Harley and discover you were part of a community, or did you buy your Harley with the desire to become part of the community?”

just wondering if anyone can leave me some comments and answers on this, thanks very much.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:45 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: queston for all you harley owners

I bought what I liked, and there were others that gathered to gloat about their rides. Not much different than the Henderson sight, tho that is more on the 'how to keep em going' vein.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:46 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,871 Likes on 9,333 Posts

You could have put this together as a poll and have all your information condensed onto one screen rather than having to read through all the responses.

As for me, I bought my Harley for the bike that it is. I'm way beyond buying it for an image.

Good luck in your study. BTW, what school are ya attending?

Old 11-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Dunk 2
Cruiser

Is "I bought it to ride" an answer choice

Old 11-27-2006, 02:50 PM
hdtwice
Road Master

You're making an assumption that Harley owners feel part of a community. Some do, some don't. How do those who don't fit into you poll.

Example, myself. I bought my harleys because I always liked the bikes. I wasn't thinking of a community of harley riders. Since my first purchase 15 yrs ago, I have been to all major events far and near, and other than some close rideing friends, I don't feel like I am part of a community per se. Hope this doesn't screw up your poll.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:59 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

too many bought to become part of the community....they are called RUB's. The rest of us bought for the bike and have ridden one for years.

Old 11-27-2006, 03:02 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: hdtwice

You're making an assumption that Harley owners feel part of a community. Some do, some don't. How do those who don't fit into you poll.

Example, myself. I bought my harleys because I always liked the bikes. I wasn't thinking of a community of harley riders. Since my first purchase 15 yrs ago, I have been to all major events far and near, and other than some close rideing friends, I don't feel like I am part of a community per se. Hope this doesn't screw up your poll.
Having said that, do you realize ... this site ... is a community. Simply put .. A community is a group of people that share a common interest.

Old 11-27-2006, 03:03 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't know what you mean by community, but I bought my Harley because I love the
way they look, ride and sound. The added benefit was when I discovered HDForums.

Old 11-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Dunk 2
Cruiser

Bikergirl - -

Dammit............ You've blown our "We bought it to ride" theory[sm=bustedsign.gif]

ORIGINAL: bikergirl40

ORIGINAL: hdtwice

Having said that, do you realize ... this site ... is a community. Simply put .. A community is a group of people that share a common interest.

Old 11-27-2006, 03:15 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

i bought it to ride. for me and no one else.

Quick Reply: queston for all you harley owners