General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring - docking stations / quick release for tour pak

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 04:57 PM
endress1
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Touring - docking stations / quick release for tour pak

Hello friends - I am in trouble by the Ol Lady for taking off her recliner !!! I took off the tour pack, and slimmed my Ultra Classic down some, since she wasnt riding alot. Well now she does.. Im not gonna put it all back together, til I have the right docking station for the tour pack. and tour pack quick detach kit. My concern is getting the right docking station, so I dont end up putting on both, or get the docking station that will allow for the tour pack AND a backrest. If there is one that does both?? Also, I am curious if I have to get the 2 boomerang looking brackets/braces for the tour pack, or is there other sleek, less obvious docking stations? Theres a front, and a rear docking station , rear docking 53804-06, and front docking 53803-06 - Im wondering if the front docking station is just for a backrest ? If so, then I must get the rear, right ?? I dunno" I dont want to buy anything I dont need !! But I do need to buy the right docking station, for my soon to be -quick detach -for my current tour pak.... Anyone know for sure ?? THANKS IN ADVANCE - 2007 Electra Glide Ultra Classic (I also will be installing fender to saddle bag fillers, to fill up that gap (like a street glide). I hope this docking kit wont interfere with the fillers. Street glides have the same fender fascia (filler), so I dont see how it would be in the way... Sorry so long !!! Jonah

Old 10-17-2011, 06:12 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts

Detachable Tour-PakŪ Mounting Rack Kit for Electra GlideŪ Classic Models

53303-07

Fits '97-'08 FLHTC models.

Transform your Electra GlideŪ Classic model for around town cruising. This kit includes everything needed to convert the rigid-mount Tour-PakŪ to an easy on-and-off detachable version. In just seconds (and without tools), you can install the Tour-PakŪ for that long run across the country, and remove it for a stripped-down look when you get there. With the addition of Docking Hardware Kit P/N 53803-06 (sold separately), you can install a detachable Sissy Bar Upright and passenger backrest pad for around-town passenger comfort. Complete kit includes two-up docking hardware kit, detachable two-up Tour-PakŪ Rack, chrome license plate holder, reflector, and AM/FM antenna relocation hardware.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:54 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Dawg gave you the # for the TP mount kit. This goes on the TP. On the bike you will need part #53804-06 for the TP(this is the one with the hoops you don't like) And if you want to mount a sissybar when you aren't using the TP, you will need part # 53803-06. Order from Zanotti HD for the best prices.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:03 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fillers do not interfere with docking kit.
Name:  Fillers1.jpg
Views: 2852
Size:  85.3 KB
I would look at the hidden ant. under the fairing if I was to do it again. Lots of money for the ant. relocator kit, and lots of extra parts left over.
I agree, Zanotti.

Last edited by SleeplessinVegas; 10-17-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Good info guys, I'm in the middle of gathering parts myself.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:24 PM
HarleyBT
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an '08 FLHT and started with the backrest with mid point docking hardware. When I got the Tour pac it required the rear point docking hardware. The newer Glides have a different smaller less obvious set up that uses the shock bolt but it will not work on the older bikes. Dealer should be able to tell you which kits you need. Well worth it.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:04 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
Dawg gave you the # for the TP mount kit. This goes on the TP. On the bike you will need part #53804-06 for the TP(this is the one with the hoops you don't like) And if you want to mount a sissybar when you aren't using the TP, you will need part # 53803-06. Order from Zanotti HD for the best prices.
No, the kit I referenced includes everything you need:

Complete kit includes two-up docking hardware kit, detachable two-up Tour-PakŪ Rack, chrome license plate holder, reflector, and AM/FM antenna relocation hardware.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:59 PM
phillyrube
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyBT
I have an '08 FLHT and started with the backrest with mid point docking hardware. When I got the Tour pac it required the rear point docking hardware. The newer Glides have a different smaller less obvious set up that uses the shock bolt but it will not work on the older bikes. Dealer should be able to tell you which kits you need. Well worth it.
Hey Harley!! Good to see ya!

Old 10-17-2011, 09:09 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by dawg
No, the kit I referenced includes everything you need:

Complete kit includes two-up docking hardware kit, detachable two-up Tour-PakŪ Rack, chrome license plate holder, reflector, and AM/FM antenna relocation hardware.
Does it also include the docking points for passenger backrest?

Old 10-17-2011, 09:13 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Dug. Nevermind, I see it.

Quick Reply: Touring - docking stations / quick release for tour pak