General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dehumidifier in Garage/Shed

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 06:54 PM
ElectraDave
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Can u fix up your basement for the bike? Personally, I'd rather have in the house lol!

Old 10-13-2011, 06:58 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My present girlfriend is worried about me bringing the bikes into the house. We have had that discussion many times. The only thing keeping the bikes out is easy access. The only door they will fit through is a long ways across carpet. When I change out a back door then things will be easier. It is my house and if I decide to park the bikes in the living room she might need to be reminded of the pecking order. Hope I don't have to miss her for a few weeks.
Originally Posted by babalu
I don't typically put the bike into storage for the winter, I'll ride right into January but Jan, Feb, and March. But I'll be honest I can go weeks at a time before I can get the bike on the road in upstate NY. I guess I always had this problem but I had an old evo sporty I didn't really concern myself about it, it was a beater, once a year I busted the rust and rattle canned it, it looked decent you had to really look hard to notice. This bike in my signature has a year in that garage and I have some bits of rust in spots, I saved a long time to buy this bike, even though it's used and not a nice shiny new one I busted my *** for it and it's a rider but I'll admit the rust is pissing me off.

The wife isn't going to like it but I'm designing a ramp to get the bike in the house for Mid Jan, Feb, and March, and I'll look into some of the other solutions for Nov, Dec, and Jan. Going to have to fill a column with cement in the basement to support the bike and move the dining room table over, but it's doable.