General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate Texas !!!!!.....ask anyone about bike nights and you

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Virgil Cain
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. Come on in. Cowboy fandom is by no means a prerequisite. Thank God.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Snapdragon
Cruiser

Hell, even Texans don't like the Cowboys.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:16 PM
rpbrown
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Born and raised in Texas but can't stand Jerry's toys er boys

Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

My wife loves Texas and wants to move there someday. We live in SO Cal. born and raised. There are so many places to go and ride. There is always something going on. Hard to give the So Cal lifestyle up.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:43 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Longhair4life
My wife loves Texas and wants to move there someday. We live in SO Cal. born and raised. There are so many places to go and ride. There is always something going on. Hard to give the So Cal lifestyle up.
There's a lot of folks from CAlifornia moving to Texas. Say the lifestyle there is too expensive.
Got a nephew that him and his wife are doctors. He's talkin about moving here n about 2 yrs. Will have to wait and see.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:23 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,042 Likes on 17,930 Posts

Originally Posted by cardboard
There's a lot of folks from CAlifornia moving to Texas. Say the lifestyle there is too expensive.
Got a nephew that him and his wife are doctors. He's talkin about moving here n about 2 yrs. Will have to wait and see.
That's a standard battle cry I hear constantly , the reality of is the rest of the country is slowly but surely catching up it won't be long before things even out in desirable places to live it's happing all over .

Besides anywhere else you people have really crappy weather to deal with

Old 11-03-2011, 12:50 PM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

Well honestly i know people who automatically charges california people more for their services. There seems to be 2 kinds of people coming out of california to texas.....laid back types who are actually pretty cool and can probably get along well eneough no matter where they go.................and then you have these types that will complain about cali and how much they hate it and then turn around and try to get ordinances passed and such because we are all stupid rednecks and "this is how they do it in california". These types are like a cancer...a friend literally charges them more because they are hard to deal with(construction)....you tell them you will start work in a week and they call the next day wondering where he is at....he has to talk with them everyday until the week is up. By then he is sick of them. I know of several people that does this as soon as the people say "we are from california"....they just smile and say "oh reeeaaaalllly"

Old 11-03-2011, 01:17 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,042 Likes on 17,930 Posts

Originally Posted by straydog13
Well honestly i know people who automatically charges california people more for their services. There seems to be 2 kinds of people coming out of california to texas.....laid back types who are actually pretty cool and can probably get along well eneough no matter where they go.................and then you have these types that will complain about cali and how much they hate it and then turn around and try to get ordinances passed and such because we are all stupid rednecks and "this is how they do it in california". These types are like a cancer...a friend literally charges them more because they are hard to deal with(construction)....you tell them you will start work in a week and they call the next day wondering where he is at....he has to talk with them everyday until the week is up. By then he is sick of them. I know of several people that does this as soon as the people say "we are from california"....they just smile and say "oh reeeaaaalllly"
If you had any idea of what we have to deal with out when it comes to any kind of home construction or remodeling you'd more than understand why they can be a royal pain in the *** sometimes . A job started , completed and done somewhere near right without constant over the shoulder watching and nagging where somebody actually speaks fluent english would be a thing of beauty it's also as rare as teeth in a chicken .

Maybe it's better in your neck of the woods , I can only hope .

Old 11-03-2011, 01:56 PM
lewintennessee
Advanced

Texas is a great place, they move over and let you pass if you come up behind them on a two lane, you can drive 70 on a 2 lane in some places and the school zone only requires you to slow down to 55. The people are polite unlike other places. I lived in Clearwater Florida for 22 years and it is a great place too. Bottom line you can find fault with any place if you look hard enough. life is to short.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:03 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lewintennessee
Texas is a great place, they move over and let you pass if you come up behind them on a two lane, you can drive 70 on a 2 lane in some places and the school zone only requires you to slow down to 55. The people are polite unlike other places. I lived in Clearwater Florida for 22 years and it is a great place too. Bottom line you can find fault with any place if you look hard enough. life is to short.
Please !
If you see a school zone, you better look at the sign.
They are not 55 and the fine starts at 250.00 and goes up. They don't play with Cowboys or anybody else.
They will bust yer butt in a heart beat.

And if you go out to Kerrville on I-10 the speedlimit is 80mph.

Quick Reply: I hate Texas !!!!!.....ask anyone about bike nights and you