General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate Texas !!!!!.....ask anyone about bike nights and you

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 09:27 PM
OceanState401
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LoneStar Rally is coming up in galveston 400,000 strong!

Old 10-10-2011, 11:38 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OceanState401
LoneStar Rally is coming up in galveston 400,000 strong!
I know, I have a hotel booked for the weekend....sweeeeet!!!.....I just dont know how I'm gonna get there cause its a two hour ride....I may fly from conroe and have someone trailer my bike there.....Mua ha hahahahaha!!!! I'm sure no one from Texas will be there because a rally is like a 4 day Bike night with lots of bikes, beer, live bands, and hot women.......and I think its been thoroughly established throughout this thread that only posers enjoy such an event.....all the hard core Texans will be out riding there bikes past Galveston and boycotting any event that you could possibly find or buy a Doo Rag at!!!

Last edited by JohnnyBravo; 10-10-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:43 AM
kkiley
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo
I know, I have a hotel booked for the weekend....sweeeeet!!!.....I just dont know how I'm gonna get there cause its a two hour ride....I may fly from conroe and have someone trailer my bike there.....Mua ha hahahahaha!!!! I'm sure no one from Texas will be there because a rally is like a 4 day Bike night with lots of bikes, beer, live bands, and hot women.......and I think its been thoroughly established throughout this thread that only posers enjoy such an event.....all the hard core Texans will be out riding there bikes past Galveston and boycotting any event that you could possibly find or buy a Doo Rag at!!!
I think this boy's cheese has slipped off his cracker.....

Old 10-11-2011, 02:07 AM
rallevar
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, I read through all these posts and I find a lot of good points & a lot of bad points by both the OP and some forum members. OP f---ed up by saying "Texas Sucks", wheather you meant it or not, not cool. Forum members f---ed up by calling you a "poser" and a "*****". One even called you "gay", not cool. Hey, I know you're just looking for a cool place to party, I like to do that too sometimes. Maybe you went about it the wrong way with the wrong words. You say you tried to get info previously and hardly got any responses...no excuse. As far as the poser chit, well, like I said, I like to party at a cool bar every now and then, does that make me a poser? I've got 17,000 and change miles on my '08 Softail. A lot of those came by way of a 5 day road trip to Colo. and back in '09 and a 6 day road trip in '10 that included Laughlin River Run, does that make me a real biker? I love Texas...been here all my life. I do hate it when the freakin wind and dust blows damn near all summer...now that sucks. To the Op, welcome to Texas...show some respect. To some forum members, thanks for defending out great state...show a little tact. Peace.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:11 AM
pgpn
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

pick up a copy of thunder roads or skunk dots at a dealership. Ive heard you got some pretty good places on your side of Houston.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:08 AM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Shifters saloon. 5001 treaschwig rd spring texas 77373 . Shifters - the place your mama warned you about !!!

Old 10-11-2011, 07:24 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo
that someone who is trying to find a local hangout with like mined people to socialize with is labeled a poser....
and it starts again this morning!

First off, this is one area of the country that could care less what a poser is; as long as you ride (doesn't matter what) and can keep your f*cked up attitude in check, you're alright by us.

like minded people... hmm.. well lemme tell you about like minded people my (well not really) friend: You won't find like minded people at your level anywhere around here. Best thing for you to do is go on back to Fla where the beaches are white, "bars" are plentiful, and all the girls just want whatever you've got.

To use an old phrase: "Don't let the door hit you where the good LORD split you"

Old 10-11-2011, 07:32 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by honorsdaddy
Psst: we have jobs here too...
and if all else fails, we can certainly put you under a tree behind the old general store in Luckenbach where music is good, 100+ bikes every weekend day (weather permitting), people are plentiful, and the beer is frigging COLD

Old 10-11-2011, 07:34 AM
rockabillygrl
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rallevar
I've got 17,000 and change miles on my '08 Softail. A lot of those came by way of a 5 day road trip to Colo. and back in '09 and a 6 day road trip in '10 that included Laughlin River Run, does that make me a real biker? I love Texas...been here all my life. I do hate it when the freakin wind and dust blows damn near all summer...now that sucks. To the Op, welcome to Texas...show some respect. To some forum members, thanks for defending out great state...show a little tact. Peace.
That's not really a whole lot of miles for an 08. LOL.

so no i don't think it does make you a real biker. Whatever that is anymore

Old 10-11-2011, 08:18 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you wanted to make a ride at nite, there is Porkchops in Point Blank. And Yankees in Carlos, and the steelhorse on Hiway 94 in apple springs,
You must not ride very far.

Quick Reply: I hate Texas !!!!!.....ask anyone about bike nights and you