General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate Texas !!!!!.....ask anyone about bike nights and you

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 05:27 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 10-10-2011, 05:28 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,667 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Funny you should post this--I live in the Clearwater area & hate the people here with a passion. I would give my left nut & half my right to live in Texas--either Austin or Houston. Being a country musician, I could work there & the people are great. The people here in Tampa Bay suck. If it weren't for my job & benefits, I would swap places with you in a heartbeat. I love Texas! Well, maybe one day.

Last edited by dickey; 10-10-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:32 PM
honorsdaddy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Funny you should post this--I live in the Clearwater area & hate the people here with a passion. I would give my left nut & half my right to live in Texas--either Austin or Houston. Being a country musician, I could work there & the people are great. The people here in Tampa Bay suck. If it weren't for my job & benefits, I would swap places with you in a heartbeat. I love Texas! Well, maybe one day.
Psst: we have jobs here too...

Old 10-10-2011, 05:59 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dickey
Clearwater Quaker steak & lube on wed night is some of the best times ever had by me...Live music, Good food, awesome bikes, Beer, women.....I mean if your gonna go to a bar to party, I cant think of a better format or venue. FOR GOING OUT TO A BAR....I DIDNT SAY GOING FOR A RIDE....as for the people here being great, they tend to insult you call you a poser if you are trying to find a biker bar with live music and a decent turn out.....especially if you dont wanna ride two hours to get there....DONT EVEN ASK IF THERE IS A PLACE CLOSE TO YOU IF YOUR NEW TO THE AREA....They get very self righteous about the fact that you wanted to go to a bar and party.....NOT SPEND ALL NIGHT RIDING TO THE BAR!!!!

Old 10-10-2011, 06:07 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Go buy a battery tender and cover and park your bike after you move back to where you came from. In Texas I can ride all year long and have bike nights every week within 2 miles of where i live. I have never made it to my first one. I'm more interested in riding then drinking in a bar and then hopping on the ride home. Never really understood the concept myself

Old 10-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For what you're looking for:

A hopping modern bar with live music, hot chicks, huge turnout of bikes and lots of people....they do exist around Dallas....I'm sure they are in the Houston area too...

But you need to sell your Harley and buy a sport bike and don a mutant ninja suit. They all ride about 30 minutes at a time, in packs and stuff, then hang out in massive groups in parking lots and bars, with music and some really hot young chicks. (really friggan hot)

You can talk about rap music, what class you're skipping tomorrow, the latest Xbox360 games, finding someone to buy you beer, and just hang out, be seen, be a badass (until they talk to you and find out different) and look super uber kewl.

The Harley crowd around here tends to be a bit more intimate. Smaller hole's to grab a cold one and chat with real folks, club parties, and if you're "in the know" which bar that night most will be at. Every so often the local radio station puts on a "bike night" but it tends to draw a large crowd of rubs, pirates and wannabe's who just want to ride 10 miles to be seen with a cool bike or hot chick. They love it when we walk in as I guess they think a club being there validates their event but the folks in attendance seem a little uneasy. So, I'm not really into "bike nights" as they're just not my thing. Some chapter somewhere is having a party or hitting a bar, so that's where I usually can be found.

Sorry I can't be more help to you...I'd suggest listening to the radio, a local "classic rock" station...check that link I gave you earlier....really do ask at a dealership....or the local HOG Chapter....seriously, I'm not being mean, these folks can probably help you find what you're looking for.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Somebody mentions they hate Texas, and there's 13 pages of replies! Too funny.

There's a ton of work down there in my field. If I were single, I'd consider it.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:40 PM
FlyinRyan93
Advanced

I had to LOL when I read this guy's posts... I'm not from Texas, and have never been to Texas but from what I hear it sounds like a great place. Texans are friendly and down to earth from what I hear.

I have heard it and I believe it when they say, "Don't mess with Texas".

Old 10-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master

Originally Posted by steelpony5555
DITTO.......

First of all if you are gonna live here and ain't figured it out yet Texans are fiercely proud of their state and being Texan. So I would first apologize for the slanderous statements you made in your first post. Second you got to realize Texas is huge, so anywhere you go will be "bout an hour away". We don't figure distance in miles only "bout and hour away". And Texans don't mind driving, we will drive for 2 hours just to eat at a new resturant. Most times we don't even ask how far is it. Then drop by any bike shop or HD dealer and pick up a couple of those free motorcycle rags. They are usually loaded with ads for bike nites and bike weekends. I have never been to a state that has so many biker weekends. Here are a couple sites you can check out
http://www.motorcyclemonster.com/eve...ate-Texas.html
http://www.cyclefish.com/browse_events.php?st=45
http://www.lightningcustoms.com/texa...es-events.html

Now if you can't find a function that is within your riding distance then sell the bike.
Oh, most all resturants that have a bar will have a bike nite sometime during the month. We don't have a lot of "bars" in the sense that other states have. There are a few mostly called Icehouses, but most the time it we go to resturants like Buffalo Wild Wings, Texas Roadhouse, Pluckers, Applebees, ETC. So watch their roadside signs for the ads. In your area it appears Thirsty's Ice House is a place you may want to check out. So if you're gonna live here fine, but DO NOT try to make it like Florida, go out and buy a damn gun, get a pair of cowboy boots (hat is optional), and chill out. Oh, in your area it would help if you had a Houston Texans bumper sticker.
LOL!...haha.....1 of the best reply's yet,haha!....Own several of all,an' ain' been in TX since was a kid....3 pr Justins,2 pr Lucchese's(by FAR best damn boot I've worn,an' the Justins ain' no slouch....)2 Bailey's,an' a Resistol.....Like ya'll.....the gun(s) are part of the day'ly dress here in the Hoosier St. ,as well,haha!

Old 10-10-2011, 06:56 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fleabite
Somebody mentions they hate Texas, and there's 13 pages of replies! Too funny.

There's a ton of work down there in my field. If I were single, I'd consider it.
I'm glad someone else see's the humor in that....I was a military dependent until I was 27...have lived in a lot of places and Texas is it's own country.....Texans are a proud bunch of camo wearin folk....lol

Quick Reply: I hate Texas !!!!!.....ask anyone about bike nights and you