General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate Texas !!!!!.....ask anyone about bike nights and you

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by travelsfardoyle
Want to go back to Big Bend area in Jan/Feb when it's a tad cooler, riding in May was no different than being at work in Baghdad.
I did some riding out there during April ( 1998 ) and got snowed on.
Got into a couple of minor pickles during that trip and there was always a friendly and helpful Texan to help us out.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:54 PM
rod18cdz
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He's your problem now Texas

Old 10-10-2011, 04:02 PM
mrjimbo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo
So, I was not interested in these crack hole in the wall places known in Texas as "ice house's"......For those of you that dont know what an Ice house is.....its a crap, dirty joint that only sells beer...WEAK!!!!...Only in Texas.....And yes all the back roads for endless miles are nice as an option...BUT NOT THE ONLY OPTION !!!!!!....a few of you spoke as you know the truth, you cant get anywhere without going at least 20 miles and alot of times its 50 miles.......The fact that I would like to go to a place that has a lot of bikers there does not make me a poser or a rub (my bike hasnt seen soap or water for months) More people just has a feel of something exciting going on......NOT A BACK TOWN HILLBilly BAR WITH TEN PEOPLE THERE....if you cant understand that, your probably inbred and true blue texan. Bottom line, going on a long ride to some crap hole icehouse is fun as an option.....but NOT THE ONLY OPTION...I have looked at google and tried to find a descent bike night somewhere within a reasonable distance to just drop in at....Now picture my most hick sounding voice..."what you do is ride down 1835 for about 10 miles and turn left onto 150. Now take that maybe 12 miles past the old stump and turn onto 735 and ride another 16 miles to a place called stumpy's, Its hit and miss but SOMETIMES THAT PLACE IS JUMPIN...So you ride there and all you find is a Dirty shack of a place "ICEHOUSE" with five people there...GEE THANKS FOR THE TIP!!!!...And all you Texans know what I just described is the truth about texas.....AGAIN, i WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE GUY FROM KENTUCKY FOR HIS SUGGESTION.......Its like people in Texas are 100% proud of bein white trash and will defend there "suck" with such pride.....Like ridin and hour to get to an "icehouse. I like ridin just as much as the next guy but sometimes just SOMETIMES having a destination that has some action to it would help this place not to suck!!!!!!......Again the google thing aint so helpfull in texas....there is a website that lists biker bars and just down the street from me is one of the bars listed (and when I say bar, it's really just an F-ing icehouse)..... I have never seen more than five cars outside this place and maybe an occasional bike...AND ITS ON THE LIST OF BIKER JOINTS....I'll pass on any more of Texas's icehouses.....what a joke!!!!
Damn Boy, Lookin' for an *** Kickin' I think.....
Everybody knows IDAHO is Gods country, but I've have some great times in Texas. Lived in Abilene for a time.....great riding and great people.....

Old 10-10-2011, 04:02 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I read all these posts and busted out laughing at quite a few of them, OP's included, it started fitting together in between the lines.

This Johnny Bravo guy from Florida, that now resides in Texas, is not really stacking up the female companionship that he used to. He him self says he has to fly them in.

The new guy in the neighborhood syndrome, not quite fitting in scenario. He says he makes good money and is young, he rides a Harley, lives in an upper crust abode area. Although, he's not getting the action he unrealistically expected.

Sounds more like sexual frustration, guised<sp> as; "There's no place to ride and look kool" here in Texas.

Egotistical/Narcissistic behavior really is not becoming on any forum. Yes you can try and weasel out of your first post with a bunch of two stepping and craw-fishing. That won't change the fact of what you wrote in public and especially about Texas.

It's like playing cards, ya got to play the cards ya were dealt, if not, just leave the table. Someone once coined the phrase "Life on Life's terms".

Old 10-10-2011, 04:19 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SteveO-ll
As I read all these posts and busted out laughing at quite a few of them, OP's included, it started fitting together in between the lines.

This Johnny Bravo guy from Florida, that now resides in Texas, is not really stacking up the female companionship that he used to. He him self says he has to fly them in.

The new guy in the neighborhood syndrome, not quite fitting in scenario. He says he makes good money and is young, he rides a Harley, lives in an upper crust abode area. Although, he's not getting the action he unrealistically expected.

Sounds more like sexual frustration, guised<sp> as; "There's no place to ride and look kool" here in Texas.

Egotistical/Narcissistic behavior really is not becoming on any forum. Yes you can try and weasel out of your first post with a bunch of two stepping and craw-fishing. That won't change the fact of what you wrote in public and especially about Texas.

It's like playing cards, ya got to play the cards ya were dealt, if not, just leave the table. Someone once coined the phrase "Life on Life's terms".
Ok....here is my first attemp at rooting out some places to ride when I first moved to texas https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-g...oved-here.html Almost a year ago and You will note that only 4 people replied.....I recently moved to the conroe area and again needed to scope out the new hangouts....now you can fault my methods but in less than 12 hours, this thread has 103 replies....now I know after a year of living here that I was poking a hornets nest with my comments about Texas....but I have a list of places to check out now.....The end justified the means in this case. There is no question that Texans love Texas and I do apologize for insulting their homeland.....but Damnit I needed the information and I already tried the nice way a year ago with almost no response.....lol

Last edited by JohnnyBravo; 10-10-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:20 PM
rockabillygrl
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Bike nights are for ***** show offs in doo-rags. The only women you're gonna find are the waitresses who hate all the cat-calling from ******** like you, and only flirt to get a big tip, or some other guys old-lady who will knock your teeth out for looking at her. Good luck finding what your looking for. I'm sure you can find a place somewhere that has "all the action" between 7-9 p.m. on a thursday night.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

--------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-03-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:29 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am too young to go to some hole in the wall with ten people there and discuss ten different ways to slaughter a hog.
Yeah, I guess you're right. All those hillbilly Doctors where you work and the Petroleum Engineers, Fortune 500 CEOs, lawyers, bankers and highly paid computer geeks here in Texas are just too frickin stupid for you. Oh, let's not forget the guy who wears cowboy boots and a big Stetson. Is that cowsh*t on those thousand dollar boots? Yep, cause he owns the big multi-square mile cattle ranch just up the road. Just down the road is the fourth largest city in the nation and growing everyday. Oh wait!! I thought I heard some guys from Nasa Mission Control (bunch of Texas dumbasses) are gonna be at a Bike Nite in Clear Lake! Wonder if they'll be discussing how to slaughter a hog?

Old 10-10-2011, 04:33 PM
honorsdaddy
Road Master

Ok....here is my first attemp at rooting out some places to ride when I first moved to texas https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-g...oved-here.html Almost a year ago and You will note that only 4 people replied.....I recently moved to the conroe area and again needed to scope out the new hangouts....now you can fault my methods but in less than 12 hours, this thread has 103 replies....now I know after a year of living here that I was poking a hornets nest with my comments about Texas....but I have a list of places to check out now.....The end justified the means in this case. There is no question that Texans love Texas and I do apologize for insulting their homeland.....but Damnit I needed the information and I already tried the nice way a year ago with almost no response.....lol
Just to clarify Johnny - if you're looking for a place to go pick up a "backrest", there really aren't many of those in the Houston metro. Fender Fluff/Curb Monkey/whatever just isn't that common around here - at least not for the big boy bike crowd. The sport bike riders seem to have a few places they meet up but those girls really aren't even remotely interested in anything that does less than 140 - and no, your Harley doesn't go that fast no matter what you think - and they know it.

If you're looking for a good place to hang out, meet people, have a beer and a good time (not a "good time"), then yes, any of the places suggested will work.

If, on the other hand, you're looking for a place which will have a bevy of bedwarmers, I'd suggest leaving the bike at home and driving an expensive car to any of a number of party bars downtown.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:35 PM
honorsdaddy
Road Master

Originally Posted by TXCOMMISH
Yeah, I guess you're right. All those hillbilly Doctors where you work and the Petroleum Engineers, Fortune 500 CEOs, lawyers, bankers and highly paid computer geeks here in Texas are just too frickin stupid for you. Oh, let's not forget the guy who wears cowboy boots and a big Stetson. Is that cowsh*t on those thousand dollar boots? Yep, cause he owns the big multi-square mile cattle ranch just up the road. Just down the road is the fourth largest city in the nation and growing everyday. Oh wait!! I thought I heard some guys from Nasa Mission Control (bunch of Texas dumbasses) are gonna be at a Bike Nite in Clear Lake! Wonder if they'll be discussing how to slaughter a hog?
Heheh yeah - people don't realize just how much money and brains are in the Houston area.

Only place I've ever lived where I see Bentleys and Rolls Royces sitting in morning traffic being driven by their owner because that IS his commuter car and a 60K pickup is a work vehicle.

Quick Reply: I hate Texas !!!!!.....ask anyone about bike nights and you