General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

favorite motorcycle movie....

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 10:02 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: favorite motorcycle movie....

I cant understand why Hollywood hasnt come out with a newer version of a easyrider type movie,,,,,,
with all the attention bikes are getting, like on discovery channel, etc

Old 11-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Cognizant
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another 48 hours---only because one of the bad guys was wearing the same jacket I have: Hein Gerick made for Harley Davidson, circa 1980

Old 11-26-2006, 10:21 AM
NYfatboy
Novice

How about the TV series from the late 60's. 'Then Came Bronson". Michael Parks cruisin' across America in search of himself on a sportster. It got me interested in motorcycles and the "independence/free spirit" mantra.

Old 11-26-2006, 10:26 AM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,071 Likes on 348 Posts

I agree, On any Sunday is a classic, along with EasyRider. They had easyrider on one of those movie stands at foodlion (grocery store) for 9.99. I didn't pick it up though, was in a hurry, no its gone..boohoo. I'll find it somewhere.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:31 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Little Fauss and Big Halsy "Robert Redford"
The Great Escape "Steve McQueen" Great motorcycle chase scene in this long movie.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:34 AM
myzen
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easy Rider
Worlds Fastest Indian

I heard that they were filming Ghost Rider, staring Nicolas cage. They might be pretty cool. He is an avid motorcyclist.

Old 11-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Big Sled

"On Any Sunday" is purported to have caused a large amount of bike sales in the US upon it's first release. And it possibly helped cause mainstream America to start taking motorcycles of all types and uses more seriously, a trend that continues today. The Honda cutesy-pie ads of that time also dove-tailed in the market appeal that resulted. A very good one to rent for small kids too. Smith and McQueen are fun to watch.

ORIGINAL: cheepjeep
ON ANY SUNDAY

Academy Award Nominated

Stars: Steve McQueen, Malcolm Smith , Mert Lawwill

From Steve McQueen, “I think Bruce Brown's motorcycle film “On Any Sunday” is the best thing that has ever happened to motorcycling. The audience is taken on a visual ride in what I believe is finally the definitive film on motorcycling. To me it is an unforgettable film, and I was very happy to be a part of it in some small way.”

Writer, producer and director Bruce Brown, explores this dizzying and intoxicating world of rugged road riders where cycles hit incredible speeds. Segueing into the grueling excitement of a muddy and murderous motocross race, we then move on to the tortuous mayhem of the Mexican 1000 off-track trial race down the Baja Peninsula. An exhilarating experience that puts you in the drivers seat.

You guys hit the nail right on the head as far as I'm concerned. I was 14 years old when that film came out and had ridden mini bikes and Honda 70's. After "On Any Sunday" I was snake bit for life. Also, being a Steve McQueen fan (The Great Esacape, Bullitt) made the film all that more appealing to me. I had already seen Bruce Brown's first documentary "The Endless Summer" and enjoyed it. So I knew that his name associated with a motorcycle film just had to be a winner. So with that being said, here are my pics:
ON ANY SUNDAY
THE WORLDS FASTEST INDIAN
THE WILD ONE
BTW. For any of you who have seen "The Wild One" or are familiar with the Hollister Riots, I reccomend a great book I have just read called, "The Original Wild Ones. Tales of the Boozefighters Motorcycle Club" by author Bill Hayes. Great read! It will make you go out and rent The Wild One. In my case I bought it.

Old 11-26-2006, 01:29 PM
Cigar Aggie
Road Master

Get ready for Nicholas Cage in "Ghost Rider" to be released in February......Looks like an awesome movie!!!

Old 11-26-2006, 02:17 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Sounds like it might be a good one to see. The first one that comes to mind is Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man. I also like many of the others that have been named.
ORIGINAL: Cigar Aggie

Get ready for Nicholas Cage in "Ghost Rider" to be released in February......Looks like an awesome movie!!!

Old 11-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 321 Likes on 197 Posts

Ok.. just watched the Ghost Rider trailer. Seems interesting to say the least. Looks like an Escape from LA, meets Blade, meets Easyrider. I don't know. You would think that Nicolas Cage, Sam Elliott, and Peter Fonda in the same movie would be a good combination.

I posted this earlier, but if anyone has not seen Long Way Round, you are really missing out.

Quick Reply: favorite motorcycle movie....