General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OCC & PJD are not real bikers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Invictys
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty sure OCC and PJD would agree with the article and then laugh all the way to the bank

Old 10-07-2011, 10:45 AM
nightroddersp
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LMmarine86
I think anyone that is around the biker community can spot someone that doesn't ride much. Ya know, the guys that don't know how to put their feet up sooner than a mile from start. The guy that duck walks around the parking lot. And my favorite is the guy that guns it from stop light to stop light. Yeah, its guaranteed they have less than 5K in the saddle. Just sayin'.
i disagree i think i have a little over 5000 mile in the saddle and i still like launching at green lights like a dragster on a flightdeck... didn't you know that is what v-rods are good for... i don't know them guys on tv and the famous life seems to be a big hassle to but to each there own... i work on my bike now and then if i can because i really can't afford to pay HD every time one of my accessories stop working...

Old 10-07-2011, 10:56 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I was with Indian when they had the factory sell off after it all collapsed , Paul sr. showed to bone pick the parts warehouse . He was standing with the guy I needed some info from on prices to relay to perspective buyers and as I walk up he puff's the chest out and barks " autograph cost you $20 " should have seen the look on his face when I barked backed " Who the f*ck are you ? I need to talk to him " pointing at the VP . ******* to the hilt .
now that's funny

Old 10-07-2011, 10:58 AM
M4arc
Tourer

Originally Posted by 2kids3pets
This should be under the category of ...."How Gives a Rats AZZ"
No kidding. How many of these threads are there and why is everyone so concerned what other are doing?

I like the show but let's not get wrapped around the axle about it.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:09 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgzr
While we're at it, does anyone know if Billy Lane is still in prison? I thought his "hubless" rear wheel was pretty cool...
Dunno, but the guy's a jerk. If you aren't a hot girl, he can be an arrogant, self promoting, better than you loser.
BTW, he was not the one to invent the hubless wheel, and plenty of other companies are making them now, such as his "buddy" Mike at Amen.

Incidentally, did anybody see how Sr. was promoting the reverse trike as "Revolutionary, never before done"? Um,somebody should tell him about the CanAm Spyder and the T-Rex (although that one is more a go-kart than a bike).

Old 10-07-2011, 12:04 PM
twowheelz4life
Advanced

Can't believe it's taken so long for you to figure that **** out...just sayin'.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:07 PM
bonzbiggler
6th Gear
Default Real Bikers

I have yet to see a real scoot come outa either one of those shops (Sr./Jr.) that one could get on and ride all day. I think that Sr. prolly was a biker back in the day but now he is just an arrogant self centered egotistical %$&*$. The show was kinda cool at first but the scripted drama and the ole man sueing his kid, total bullshit. Business is business but c'mon, Sr. took it way to far. I still watch the show every now and then just to hopefully see Jr. bury his ole man in the bike build world. And yes I am a biker, always have been always will be. Biker born and biker bred and when I die I'll be biker dead.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:29 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Once the show goes off the air both shops will be closed within the year. The only reason any company gets those stupid bikes commissioned is for publicity on the show. It's highly unlikely either shop gets even close to enough business to keep its doors open once the marketing of the show is pulled.

I think it's widely understood that Paul Jr. doesn't ride a motorcycle at all, and Paul Sr largely doesn't either anymore.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:32 PM
cybricon
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's the difference anyway?

Who's to say if a person who likes to ride motorcycles and wear leather and stuff like that is a poser or a real biker? What's the definition of a real biker? I ride 12,000 miles a year on my Ultra, but I'm sure a lot of people would not consider me a "real" biker, although I look like one. I'm a software engineer, somewhat nerdy, I guess you could say, but I'm a big guy, bald, with a goatee, and I look pretty badass, actually. I've been to Sturgis 3 years in a row (rode there two of those times), but I took my teenage daughter on the back and I didn't go to bars, get in fights, pick up women, anything like that. What I did do is ride the hell out of all those awesome roads in the Black Hills are Badlands, etc, and see all of the sights. And I finally got a tattoo, and did it on Main Street in Sturgis on 8/5/11, an eagle on my shoulder to show my love for the freedom of riding.

So am I a "real" biker? I just love to ride my Harley, and I do it a lot. I really don't care if I am considered "real" or not. I do wear Harley T-shirts, jackets, etc because I like to show my enthusiasm and love for the Harley experience. I probably won't get drunk at Sturgis, stay at Buffalo Chip, get into a bar fight, etc, but would those make me better at riding a bike? I don't think so.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:36 PM
brak4222
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting really sick of people judging others and saying they are not bikers.

To me a biker is someone who enjoys riding, building or just having a great interest into bikes which makes it a true hobby.

I'm not a tough guy. I don't know how to rebuild a carb. I do my own wiring and minor adjustments, but I have nowhere near the skils that PJD or OCC does. I ride anytime I can. I rode over 1000 miles each way to Sturgis last year. I have interests in riding, interests in others riding experiences and truly enjoy seeing the world from the perspective of a bike. To me, that makes me a biker. I don't judge others or give my self some kind of status because I ride.

I think this article is pure bullshit and from someone who has to judge others due to his lack of self asteem. To me, a true biker enjoys his own experiences, not judges others.

Quick Reply: OCC & PJD are not real bikers!