Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OCC & PJD are not real bikers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:28 AM
coiledup
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So a real bike builder forges his own pistons? So there haven't been any real bike builders in a long long time then. And to be a real biker you have to earn it with blood? And you cant ride a touring bike? It has to be a chopper? All these rules are giving me a headache. So because I was nearly paralyzed at my job, and can't ride anything resembling a rigid, and if I want to ride, because of a physical handicap it has to be a touring bike. I'm not a biker? Cool.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:35 AM
UFOtestpilot
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ricky Bobby chopper bobber biker bullshit.

I have seen many of these "bikers" people here are so prone to label. I played cards with a bunch of them in various jails and prisons throughout the NW. They didn't fight or bleed or rip or run any harder than I did (any less either). Some were good folks, some weren't. Same as everyone else. News flash sports fans, the "life" and the "times" ain't special, it just is what it is. 2012 is almost here, we are a long way from 1983. I can however live and let live, so by all means, go be a "biker". I'm out at the track during the summer, in the shop most of the winter and whatever that makes me to someone else is what I'll be to them. My dog still listens to me, the kids get good grades, my girl lets me build dreams and I'll still have a job so I'm ok.

As for the article, seems like just another person venting about something they disagree with. I can relate to that, though I don't care what those guys do or don't do with bikes or their personal lives. I don't run television programming in my house, and I have never seen a full episode of their show.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:39 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Who's Paul Sr and Paul Jr? and what's OCC and PJD? Man I'm confused!

Old 10-07-2011, 08:41 AM
dirtyharryfxrt
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Orange County Douche Bags! Stupid show, too bad a REAL bike builder like Ron Finch didn't have the sucess those *** clown have had.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:19 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SJRACER
Agree that Paul Sr is a DICK. Paul Jr is and always has been the talented one. Best thing Paul Jr did was part ways with OCC and go his own way.

On a side note, notice the new shows. Paul Sr is the one that is still carrying on. Paul Jr was not on the most recent episode about the top 10 fights. Sr voiced his opinion, but Jr didnt participate. He pretty much just wants to build bikes. I do however think that as others have stated, this is just another reality show airing their dirty laundry.
Completely agree. Jr.did not want to participate at all. Neither did Vinnie or Mikey, but went on record to defend Jr. and keep the facts involved, not let it become another episode filled with lies.
Sr. is extremely childish and abusive, not only to his sons but also to his employees, Jim Quinn is wishy washy and a childish tattle tale just looking to antagonize a fight between Sr. and Jr., and rides Sr.s every word like a lost puppy, Jason is... well, you've all seen him, "Skeeter" half the time doesn't even know what is going on, and all the good ones have left O.C.C. other than Steve Moreau, Mike Ammirati and Rick Petko. I would never consider buying one of their Wal-Scooters- too much third grading and not enough building. Also too much illegal and immoral activity, hiding funds, dodging financial commitments, etc. Plus if they are going to blow stuff up, bust windows out, kick doors in, etc., I surly am not going to drop off my bike there to get repaired and risk these bunch of yahoos to tear it up accidentally. They had the Black Widow in their possession and never maintained it. Paulie went to get it, and Sr. refused to even change out the carb gaskets and flush out the gas, even though Jr. won the bike in the settlement. There is a little thing called merchantability that Jr. did not get with the bike. This states that a transaction would require the product to be usable, which it was indeed not. If this is the way Sr. takes responsibility, it is obvious that they do not deserve any business from me. That being said, I would not go to PJD either, but that is mostly because if I want a custom chopper I would just build one (and have, several times in the past). If I could not, then I would much sooner do business with Jr. than Sr.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:41 AM
panelbeater
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you guys think reality TV is actually real? The whole feud was probably scripted in to spark new interest to viewers because how many seasons could it go on with the same lame ****. I wish discovery would do more biker build off shows, i did enjoy watching those programs.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:16 AM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

This should be under the category of ...."How Gives a Rats AZZ"

Old 10-07-2011, 10:37 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,588 Likes on 764 Posts

While we're at it, does anyone know if Billy Lane is still in prison? I thought his "hubless" rear wheel was pretty cool...

Old 10-07-2011, 10:38 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,967 Likes on 17,892 Posts

Originally Posted by coiledup
So a real bike builder forges his own pistons? So there haven't been any real bike builders in a long long time then. And to be a real biker you have to earn it with blood? And you cant ride a touring bike? It has to be a chopper? All these rules are giving me a headache. So because I was nearly paralyzed at my job, and can't ride anything resembling a rigid, and if I want to ride, because of a physical handicap it has to be a touring bike. I'm not a biker? Cool.
It isn't about rules and labels it's just how things are and everyone so worried about how it is will never be one , go ride your bike enjoy it quite trying to be something you can't . Your a motorcycle rider or an avid enthusiast and whats wrong with that ? get over it and enjoy what you have .

Old 10-07-2011, 10:44 AM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
It isn't about rules and labels it's just how things are and everyone so worried about how it is will never be one , go ride your bike enjoy it quite trying to be something you can't . Your a motorcycle rider or an avid enthusiast and whats wrong with that ? get over it and enjoy what you have .
That is exactly how I feel about myself. I'm just a guy who loves bikes. I'll leave the term "biker" for those people who earned it and truly live that lifestyle every day (and not just on the weekends playing dress up).

One reason I like wearing different gear: With my black race jacket and full face helmet, no one looks at me and thinks "he is trying to be a biker". I think mostly they see me, see my gear, and then get very confused why I'm on a harley and not a sportbike. I chose this gear because its the best for protecting me (and my many thousands of dollars in tattoos) if I wreck, and also because I like it, and you don't see it around much, which I also like. I never was any good at fitting in.

I never was one for labels, or fitting into an predetermined notions of what is and is not, or what should be and shouldn't be.

I know there are real bikers on this forum and you all have my respect, I'll always stop to help you guys if I see you out on the road somewhere, but I've never spent a single minute of time wondering how to become one.

Quick Reply: OCC & PJD are not real bikers!