General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OCC & PJD are not real bikers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:30 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,082 Likes on 17,943 Posts

Originally Posted by LMmarine86
hahaha sorry for pissing in your dinner. The bike I ride makes me less of a biker? Now who has the wrong attitude?

Im not saying I'm any more of a biker than the next guy. That's my point. People like YOU try to draw lines where there shouldn't be lines. Whether one works on their scoot or not doesn't make one a biker or not.

Also, I think you're paranoid. I don't think any white collar folks are trying to be something they aren't. Actually, I think they try really hard not to cross that line. You remind me of the guy off of 'Wild Hogs'. The guy Ray Liotta played. Yeah, I bet that's you by a long shot, huh? hahaha
People like me earned the title a long time ago through a process most wouldn't have the sac to handle today and yes there was blood involved on occasion . I didn't buy into it with a credit card .

Old 10-06-2011, 08:45 PM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
People like me earned the title a long time ago through a process most wouldn't have the sac to handle today and yes there was blood involved on occasion . I didn't buy into it with a credit card .
yeah, me either. I paid cash.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:45 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I'll comment on the story.

I fulyl disagree with the misuse of the terms "chopper" in this article.

The bikes the teutels (check your spelling...you're wrong) assemble are called "custom". They are not choppers.

Choppers are bikes that have things removed to make them lighter/faster and more no frills.

Please refrain from confusing the two.

Oh, and by the way, how many bikes have you assembled / built from scratch?

Also, tell me you wouldn't give your right ******** to have a CNC capable of making any part you could imagine in your garage/shop? I know I would, whether or not I know how to use it. I could learn.

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 10-06-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:56 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I'll comment on the story.

I fulyl disagree with the misuse of the terms "chopper" in this article.

The bikes the teutels (check your spelling...you're wrong) assemble are called "custom". They are not choppers.

Choppers are bikes that have things removed to make them lighter/faster and more no frills.
Actually, it is Teutul, I believe.
Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I did, too. Just the other day I went through this. Even got a little coffee mug and tee shirt, along with a heart shaped sticker that says I gave blood. WOOT!

Old 10-06-2011, 09:09 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Right, Tennessee. If you read the article, the author misspelled the name. Tuetels is what he wrote.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:40 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HDForums Editors
Uh oh, our new writer, Pete Schultz, is at it again:

https://www.hdforums.com/articles/industry-news/occ-pjd-are-not-bikers.php

So, is he right? Are Paul Senior and Junior really bikers?
Uhh, that is not what he said, and he was correct - they are not bikers. They are <fill in your own term here> custom bike builders. I happen to think the two teams are very talented bike builders. Jr. & Sr. by themselves, no, but the teams yes. Assemblers as some have said...far from it - do you ever watch the show?

Oh yeah, the reason I think they are not bikers (whatever your personal definition of a biker may be,) is because THEY DON'T FRIGGIN RIDE! Have you ever even seen a bike in their parking lots or seen them pulling up or riding away on their bikes? No because THEY DON'T RIDE

Old 10-06-2011, 11:11 PM
rlggray
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HDForums Editors
Uh oh, our new writer, Pete Schultz, is at it again:

https://www.hdforums.com/articles/industry-news/occ-pjd-are-not-bikers.php

So, is he right? Are Paul Senior and Junior really bikers?
Depends on the proper definition of "biker". Sr has a nice collection of bikes, whether or not he actually rides them I don't know, I only see what he does 1 hour a week, the other 167 hours I don't know what he's doing. To my knowledge,
Jr doesn't have a bike,( except the web bike he just got back from Sr.) so I would have to say it's just a job for him. It is funny though that all you ever see them driving is cars, trucks or suvs.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:41 PM
RockerSE
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gazzalodi
They are ARTEESTS!!! Bikes are just the canvas they use to tell the story of man's inhumanity to man, the eternal struggle between good and evil... Oh, and to make a buck.
Con artists maybe.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:33 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't like them or their bikes, but most of the custom chopper builders you can name do the same amount of custom work and "assembly" that these guys do. To claim they aren't chopper builders because they don't build the motor or do the paint, is to basically say almost no famous chopper builder you know is a "real" builder.

Last edited by brenn; 10-07-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:02 AM
SJRACER
Advanced

Agree that Paul Sr is a DICK. Paul Jr is and always has been the talented one. Best thing Paul Jr did was part ways with OCC and go his own way.

On a side note, notice the new shows. Paul Sr is the one that is still carrying on. Paul Jr was not on the most recent episode about the top 10 fights. Sr voiced his opinion, but Jr didnt participate. He pretty much just wants to build bikes. I do however think that as others have stated, this is just another reality show airing their dirty laundry.

Quick Reply: OCC & PJD are not real bikers!