General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OCC & PJD are not real bikers!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 05:30 AM
daeldren
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emperor wurm
a real biker are the doctors and lawyers of orange county that have 40,000 dollars harleys, and ride to cook's corner in leather and try to look "badass" as they sip their one coors light, and when you smoke a cigarette by them they give you dirty looks.

Ohh, sneaky you are sir. I have since switched from the high dollar cigs to pall malls to give that really down and dirty look.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Baggs
Advanced
Default hmmmm....

Time is the thief of life and I'll be 64 in January if i make it, so health issues have deprived me of doing a lot of riding for the time being. Am I less of a "biker" because of this? I don't really give a damn to tell ya the truth. I rode a 305 Honda Scrambler all over Okinawa in 1968 and had squadron friends riding anything they could come up with. Were we bikers at that time? I suppose we were in the sense that a bike was all we had and we rode em all over everywhere. One time I chained it to a pole in the parking lot because of an impending typhoon.

Most of the folks I have known that thought of themselves as "bikers" didn't waste any time trying to classify their friends. Do what ya do as well as ya can do it and let that be your legacy.
Baggs

Old 11-07-2011, 10:04 AM
creepster
Advanced

Originally Posted by brak4222
I'm getting really sick of people judging others and saying they are not bikers.

To me a biker is someone who enjoys riding, building or just having a great interest into bikes which makes it a true hobby.
I'm not one to judge who is or isn't a biker, but I would say that being a biker transcends "hobby" to the point where biking becomes lifestyle rather than hobby, job, miles ridden, or what you're wearing.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by desertrideryz
To me there not real bike builders. Anyone can bolt on chrome and send tins off to be painted.

BINGO!!!!

Cant stand them, I know two dudes in torronto that are master buliders and..... well I could on and on. OCC are far from true masters. I have never even seen them build an engine or come close to buliding one. CRAP! total CRAP. TV bullshizzle

Old 11-07-2011, 05:53 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Aire
Whats a real biker anyway ?

Old 11-16-2011, 03:36 AM
dusty-kid
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Entertainers making money advertising commodities, companies and bad manners,

It all went to pot for me when the highlights became clay pot turning, removing viny’s back hair and senior pretending he could weld

But you were good fun boys

Old 11-16-2011, 04:42 AM
05Hog
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 2kids3pets
This should be under the category of ...."How Gives a Rats AZZ"
And we have a winner!!! Screw the labels. I had a lady the other day give me crap cause I was wearing a Harley t-shirt while riding one of the vintage Hondas I've restored. Called me a wanna-be. Guess she didn't know about the couple Harleys I had at home. Doesn't matter what you ride. A biker is someone who gets a big smile every time you get your knees in the breeze. I ride unless it is pouring rain. I still can remember where I've been so I don't need 200 pins on my cut to tell me where I've been.