General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OCC & PJD are not real bikers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Drilln'Boss
Club Member

Received 6,181 Likes on 1,823 Posts

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
I agree with the premise of the article.

These guys *assemble* bikes. Ugly, heavy, gaudy monstrosities of bikes that may look very cool parked in front of a bar, but can't be much fun to actually ride.
I know that's right. I seen how they got their bikes to Sturgis.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:11 PM
bigpercentcountry
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bikers? I don't know. Not sure I've ever seen a real biker by the definitions that are thrown around here sometimes.

Bike Builders? I'd have to say yes. Two arguments have been made here. One is their style sucks. Well, everyone has a different style and likes different things. Some people may enjoy the theme bikes. Second is the bike assembler comments. Have you ever really watched the show? They fab up a lot of stuff on their own. Almost every bike they build on the show has some completely fabricated parts on it, and most of the other stuff the end up modding at some point. Hell, Paul Junior cut up the lights off the back of a Cadillac to build a rear fender a while back. Now they are also in the production business, of building "production" choppers, not much difference between that and a Honda Fury if you ask me. Of course nobody did ask me and all this is pointless anyway, who cares.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:13 PM
BillM
Road Captain

They assemble for sure. Some parts are designed and made in house but I could do that to with a high dollar cnc waterjet. Only parts I see them "modify" are the rear fenders. I am with Twisted about Sr.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:13 PM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think its comical how people (that wrench or build) think they are better or any more "biker-ish" than the rest of the crowd. A bunch of "my **** is bigger than your ****" BS. I enjoy riding. You tool around with your bike more than me.... But I RIDE my bike more than you.... Who is the real "biker"? I don't care about anything but miles and destinations. If I gotta stop along the way to fix the bike (It is a Harley, after all) then I will.

Just remember that these guys were discovered. The network came to THEM. They didn't just wake up one day and say, "Lets start a show where we build bad *** choppers!" Someone discovered them, and their story, and their F'ed up family relationship and guess what?!?! All us "bikers" or riders or posers or whatever, WATCHED. I know I did and occasionally still do. The stuff they do is sweet. I think P. Jr does better crafted and more unique work than OCC does.

I bet my left AND right ********* that the guy that wrote the article would not pass up a deal where a network says they would love to pay them $50K/episode to watch him build bikes... And maybe slap around a bitc# every now and then.

****, they can film me ********** if they pay me enough money! Episodes would begin to be predictable, but thats not the point.

Ride and Let Ride, Live and Let Live.

What is a real biker any who???

Old 10-06-2011, 05:14 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bigpercentcountry
Bikers? I don't know. Not sure I've ever seen a real biker by the definitions that are thrown around here sometimes.

Bike Builders? I'd have to say yes. Two arguments have been made here. One is their style sucks. Well, everyone has a different style and likes different things. Some people may enjoy the theme bikes. Second is the bike assembler comments. Have you ever really watched the show? They fab up a lot of stuff on their own. Almost every bike they build on the show has some completely fabricated parts on it, and most of the other stuff the end up modding at some point. Hell, Paul Junior cut up the lights off the back of a Cadillac to build a rear fender a while back. Now they are also in the production business, of building "production" choppers, not much difference between that and a Honda Fury if you ask me. Of course nobody did ask me and all this is pointless anyway, who cares.
When they get a dyno in their shop and actually TUNE their bikes (be they carbed or EFI), then I'll call them bike builders.

Fabricating a few parts on an otherwise built by numbers chopper kit is just not a high enough standard for me to call them true bike builders.

I think back to guys like Burt Munroe (he was featured in a movie called The World's Fastest Indian) who cast his own freaking PISTONS and rebuilt every engine he ever rode on...that is a bike builder in my opinion.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:19 PM
phillyrube
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Paul sr. is a dick period I've meet him and the kid is well on his way to following daddies footsteps .
Lost respect for them a few years ago at Sturgis....they were charging for autographs.......what a bunch of dicks!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I don't recall them acting like or ever saying they were real bikers. Paul senior is a dick head and a nut job. His father license should be burned cause he sucks. Overpriced bikes that couldn't hold a candle to mine. Paul jr.....I actually like him. Mike too. Big Paul I have no respect for.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:32 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,469 Likes on 17,690 Posts

Originally Posted by LMmarine86
I think its comical how people (that wrench or build) think they are better or any more "biker-ish" than the rest of the crowd. A bunch of "my **** is bigger than your ****" BS. I enjoy riding. You tool around with your bike more than me.... But I RIDE my bike more than you.... Who is the real "biker"? I don't care about anything but miles and destinations. If I gotta stop along the way to fix the bike (It is a Harley, after all) then I will.

Just remember that these guys were discovered. The network came to THEM. They didn't just wake up one day and say, "Lets start a show where we build bad *** choppers!" Someone discovered them, and their story, and their F'ed up family relationship and guess what?!?! All us "bikers" or riders or posers or whatever, WATCHED. I know I did and occasionally still do. The stuff they do is sweet. I think P. Jr does better crafted and more unique work than OCC does.

I bet my left AND right ********* that the guy that wrote the article would not pass up a deal where a network says they would love to pay them $50K/episode to watch him build bikes... And maybe slap around a bitc# every now and then.

****, they can film me ********** if they pay me enough money! Episodes would begin to be predictable, but thats not the point.

Ride and Let Ride, Live and Let Live.

What is a real biker any who???
Well aren't you special ? Your about as far from biker as it get buddy with that attitude . Being a scooter tramp isn't about miles or destinations by a long shot that bullshit came about with the white collar crowd trying their level best to be part of something there isn't a snowballs chance in hell of them ever getting close to . I'm not going into big debatable explanations about what is or isn't either , those have been beat more than a 15 year old's dick in here already . What I will say about it is real one's don't ride those oversized land barges you have in your sig and we don't give 2 ****'s about what others think one way or the other .

Biker is about a lot of things and slamming on the miles and getting to the next big vendor fest isn't in there , get over it .

Old 10-06-2011, 06:03 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,469 Likes on 17,690 Posts

Originally Posted by phillyrube
Lost respect for them a few years ago at Sturgis....they were charging for autographs.......what a bunch of dicks!
I was with Indian when they had the factory sell off after it all collapsed , Paul sr. showed to bone pick the parts warehouse . He was standing with the guy I needed some info from on prices to relay to perspective buyers and as I walk up he puff's the chest out and barks " autograph cost you $20 " should have seen the look on his face when I barked backed " Who the f*ck are you ? I need to talk to him " pointing at the VP . ******* to the hilt .

Old 10-06-2011, 06:20 PM
slyder
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I was with Indian when they had the factory sell off after it all collapsed , Paul sr. showed to bone pick the parts warehouse . He was standing with the guy I needed some info from on prices to relay to perspective buyers and as I walk up he puff's the chest out and barks " autograph cost you $20 " should have seen the look on his face when I barked backed " Who the f*ck are you ? I need to talk to him " pointing at the VP . ******* to the hilt .

^5 dude!

Quick Reply: OCC & PJD are not real bikers!