General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OCC & PJD are not real bikers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 02:35 PM
103streetglide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Here we go again ..................

lol

Old 10-14-2011, 02:50 PM
103streetglide
Advanced

Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf
Actually, I have built a few choppers in my day. Does that make me a biker? No. The definition changes so much, I can't keep up with it. I consider myself a biker because I ride a bike. Plain and simple. Do I ride 24/7? No. Do I ride in the snow? That is what I have a truck for (and I LOVE my 350!) Do I ride a classic Panhead? Not any more. Do I even ride a big dresser? Nope, Sportster sitting in the garage for now. I ride because I enjoy the ride. So far here are the definitions that I recall a biker being, doubt any one of us completely fits in there... especially since some of them contradict themselves.
Wears old leathers.
Only wears the Harley colors.
Doesn't wear new leathers.
Doesn't wear chaps.
Doesn't wear fingerless gloves.
Wears only a half lid, no full faced helmets permitted.
Does not wear a helmet.
Only rides a classic Harley.
No fuel injection.
No Sportster.
Never garages the bike.
Never wears SOA, OCC, or similar gear.
Has facial hair.
Never rides a chopper.
Never rides in work boots.
Only builds their own bikes.
Only wrenches on their bikes, never uses a mechanic.
Never uses heated riding gear.
Does not hold a desk job.
You guys are completely missing the point of riding. Sure, one could make a point that a "real biker" does not sit behind a keyboard all day, instead rides? I am not going to go there, as I spend some time on the keyboard myself. But the point of it all is, why care about image? Isn't riding about freedom? Then why be a prisoner of fashion or trend? So many people work so hard to "fit in" with a certain scene, that they forget what it is all about. That is fine for High School teenagers, but this is the real world. Image doesn't matter. Who cares about what other people think, and enjoy the ride!

Wise words. It is cheap entertainment. Why concern yourself with what others do, or what they are?

True. I have a friend who watches that garbage like clockwork. I don't get it. Then again, I have never seen it. I also don't get the obsession with that Snoopy girl, or whatever her name is. Trainwreck.

all you have is a sportster?not that there's anything wrong with that..lol.
stop buying mustangs and buy a streetglide like mine,procharge her like this one,then i can get all the goody info from you...

Attached Thumbnails OCC & PJD are not real bikers!-touring_3.jpg  
Old 10-14-2011, 02:56 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,985 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by 103streetglide
lol

Old 10-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Mutant Racer
Road Master

True. I have a friend who watches that garbage like clockwork. I don't get it. Then again, I have never seen it. I also don't get the obsession with that Snoopy girl, or whatever her name is. Trainwreck.

I tuned in for an episode of American Chopper once when I was under the impression the show was about building motorcycles. I sat through 47 minutes of arguing before they started doing any work on a bike. When I asked my co-workers the following day why they watch that show they told me how much they hated the cast but couldn't turn away. That's the draw on these "reality" shows. It's the Howard Stern factor that keeps people dialed in. They keep wondering what will happen next.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:08 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 103streetglide
all you have is a sportster?not that there's anything wrong with that..lol.
stop buying mustangs and buy a streetglide like mine,procharge her like this one,then i can get all the goody info from you...
Yup, sure do, a Nightster... and I'll tell you, it is the most fun I have had with my pants on (okay, there was that ONE time I rode without pants, but that is another story ). I will get another cruiser/touring bike, been looking at the Deluxe and the Road King (I have owned both- each are great bikes), but will not go without a Sportster. They are just a blast to ride.
Incidentally, I will likely get another RKC. Almost bought a 2008 (Pac. Blue), but the dealership wanted $3K more than it was worth. Man, what a great bike though!

Old 10-14-2011, 09:20 PM
103streetglide
Advanced

Yup, sure do, a Nightster... and I'll tell you, it is the most fun I have had with my pants on (okay, there was that ONE time I rode without pants, but that is another story ). I will get another cruiser/touring bike, been looking at the Deluxe and the Road King (I have owned both- each are great bikes), but will not go without a Sportster. They are just a blast to ride.
Incidentally, I will likely get another RKC. Almost bought a 2008 (Pac. Blue), but the dealership wanted $3K more than it was worth. Man, what a great bike though!

never had a sportster on the road before.
this is my sportster...

Attached Thumbnails OCC & PJD are not real bikers!-bikepics-495962-800.jpg  
Old 11-01-2011, 12:26 PM
art0565
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Who is Pete Schultz? and why does his opinion matter so much?

Old 11-01-2011, 01:15 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never believed they were bikers from the get-go. And if you watch closely how they build some of their masterpieces it'll make you wonder how any of those OCC choppers stay together. They don’t use loctite that I have ever seen. I've never seen cutting oil used when they tape a drilled hole. They don't plug holes before powder coating that have to be reamed out for assembly. The list goes on.

Besides not being real bikers, I wouldn't buy one of their bikes if they gave it to me.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:25 PM
skymo
1st Gear
Default Paul Sr and Paul Jr.

Assemble and make little.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:42 PM
ultrat
Road Master

There just collecting the $$$$$$$$.......';;';'

Quick Reply: OCC & PJD are not real bikers!