Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OCC & PJD are not real bikers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 11:00 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,967 Likes on 17,892 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot60
Well son maybe if we ever meet, you can show me some tricks on how to tune an old war horse (doubt it). I've been in the saddle since 1962, never owned rice either and never will. I still have the very first bike I ever bought and have never taken a bike to a dealer or anyone else to have it serviced or worked on and I guarentee you I've kicked more scoots over then you. Soooo, keep your kicker and hope you don't throw a hip out some day. Me I'll hit that little botton and ride my rode couch down the rode.
Fair enough gotta respect a man who's earned it things willing we ever cross paths we'll trade a cold one , war stories and maybe a few dirty tricks I got tired of dark parking lots at 3am and temperamental scooters and got busy early so maybe you never know .

PS I've only owned a button bike 3 times in my life and those have in the last 20 yrs or so as a second bike that never lasted more than 18 months before sold , had a long list of Brits and rat harley's since 18 no stranger to the arm and pedal .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 10-10-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:43 AM
Vitric
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotta agree.. I hate "theme" bikes. What was that pictured, a ****ing Lincoln chopper? What the hell is that? Why do they have to make all of these stupid bikes with a theme on them, like the bike that was supposed to be a fire truck, or one for a shoe company, or one for whatever else you can think of. Didn't the word "chopper" come about because people "chopped" together parts to make a bike?

Old 10-11-2011, 02:25 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitric
I gotta agree.. I hate "theme" bikes. What was that pictured, a ****ing Lincoln chopper? What the hell is that? Why do they have to make all of these stupid bikes with a theme on them, like the bike that was supposed to be a fire truck, or one for a shoe company, or one for whatever else you can think of. Didn't the word "chopper" come about because people "chopped" together parts to make a bike?
Have you never even seen a single episode? If so, you missed the entire point of a "theme"! In the beginning of each episode it shows O.C.C. and PJD meeting with companies to build them a bike. They make theme bikes because they get paid for their theme bikes. Couldn't hardly build a scoot for Lugz and not make it into a shoe theme. The Lincoln bike was for Lincoln (FoMoCo) to use for advertisement. It is business, plain and simple. May not be your idea of a great bike, but the attention that the bike gets is what it was intended for, not to ride. The fire bike was a tribute to the firefighters lost in 9/11, and with all due respect I don't see anything coming from you to honor these heroes, nor with this level of ability and talent. That bike had a LOT of talent put into it, and it paid a respectful tribute to these brave firefighters. As a former firefighter myself, I take this bike to heart- it means a lot to me, and I will thank you to respect it and what it means to so many.
And no, the term chopper comes from GIs who came home from WWII and wanted their bike to resemble the feel and handling of the Europeans that they rode overseas, so they chopped off anything that they did not need. They were not originally parts put together, like today's choppers.
There are so many critical people out there that think they can build better than the professionals. Everybody is an expert. It never ceases to amaze me how many can change primary oil or swap a seat out and think they are a "custom bike builder". Armchair quarterbacks.

Last edited by TennesseeMustangPerf; 10-11-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:00 AM
chinbagger
Advanced

Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf
Have you never even seen a single episode? If so, you missed the entire point of a "theme"! In the beginning of each episode it shows O.C.C. and PJD meeting with companies to build them a bike. They make theme bikes because they get paid for their theme bikes. Couldn't hardly build a scoot for Lugz and not make it into a shoe theme. The Lincoln bike was for Lincoln (FoMoCo) to use for advertisement. It is business, plain and simple. May not be your idea of a great bike, but the attention that the bike gets is what it was intended for, not to ride. The fire bike was a tribute to the firefighters lost in 9/11, and with all due respect I don't see anything coming from you to honor these heroes, nor with this level of ability and talent. That bike had a LOT of talent put into it, and it paid a respectful tribute to these brave firefighters. As a former firefighter myself, I take this bike to heart- it means a lot to me, and I will thank you to respect it and what it means to so many.
And no, the term chopper comes from GIs who came home from WWII and wanted their bike to resemble the feel and handling of the Europeans that they rode overseas, so they chopped off anything that they did not need. They were not originally parts put together, like today's choppers.
There are so many critical people out there that think they can build better than the
professionals. Everybody is an expert. It never ceases to amaze me how many can change primary oil or swap a seat out and think they are a "custom bike builder". Armchair quarterbacks.
GET SOME, most of the dudes on this site are whinny *** bitches, get on your bike and ride........shut your whinny *** up, u dont like occ and pjd, turn the channel

Old 10-11-2011, 05:15 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chinbagger
GET SOME, most of the dudes on this site are whinny *** bitches, get on your bike and ride........shut your whinny *** up, u dont like occ and pjd, turn the channel
Just burns me up when people disrespect others' hard work. Love it or hate it, there is a lot of talent and effort in these builds. I am a builder myself. Not bikes, but cars. Everybody is an expert.

My favorite quotes from customers.
"Just spray it."
"Why do I need motor work for nitrous?"
"Just slap the blower on there, I will get brakes when I can afford more work."
"The body looks pretty good, can't you just candy it as-is?"

The Firebike especially means a lot to me, because of my previous volunteer work. It is not to be disrespected, as this disrespects the meaning of the bike.
-Ride safe.

Last edited by TennesseeMustangPerf; 10-11-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:44 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,967 Likes on 17,892 Posts

Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf
Just burns me up when people disrespect others' hard work. Love it or hate it, there is a lot of talent and effort in these builds. I am a builder myself. Not bikes, but cars. Everybody is an expert.

My favorite quotes from customers.
"Just spray it."
"Why do I need motor work for nitrous?"
"Just slap the blower on there, I will get brakes when I can afford more work."
"The body looks pretty good, can't you just candy it as-is?"

The Firebike especially means a lot to me, because of my previous volunteer work. It is not to be disrespected, as this disrespects the meaning of the bike.
-Ride safe.
As a long time professional mechanic and a custom bike builder from the old school ways I can respect your views on some things but let me pass along something an old gray hair told me when I was still wet behind the ears eager to learn .

Son don't care what color or kind of paint they use , how fancy the look or body work is or how much chrome you can hang on it, a pig is still a pig and that ought to tell you plenty about the the guy who wants it and the hustler doing it for him .

Old 10-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Martimus
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chinbagger
If you don't like what others have to say about OCC and PJD then take your own advise and don't read their posts!

Old 10-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Cameltoe
Intermediate
Talking

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
That is exactly how I feel about myself. I'm just a guy who loves bikes. I'll leave the term "biker" for those people who earned it and truly live that lifestyle every day (and not just on the weekends playing dress up).

One reason I like wearing different gear: With my black race jacket and full face helmet, no one looks at me and thinks "he is trying to be a biker". I think mostly they see me, see my gear, and then get very confused why I'm on a harley and not a sportbike. I chose this gear because its the best for protecting me (and my many thousands of dollars in tattoos) if I wreck, and also because I like it, and you don't see it around much, which I also like. I never was any good at fitting in.

I never was one for labels, or fitting into an predetermined notions of what is and is not, or what should be and shouldn't be.

I know there are real bikers on this forum and you all have my respect, I'll always stop to help you guys if I see you out on the road somewhere, but I've never spent a single minute of time wondering how to become one.
+1 I though he was talking about me

Old 10-11-2011, 10:41 AM
softailman1227
Advanced

Those guys are a joke. It surprises me that they are still on tv. It's boring, the bikes suck and are not rideable and did I mention that they are boring to watch? I would rather walk than ride one of their bikes.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:51 PM
TFTCAR
Road Captain
Smile

"Son don't care what color or kind of paint they use , how fancy the look or body work is or how much chrome you can hang on it, a pig is still a pig and that ought to tell you plenty about the the guy who wants it and the hustler doing it for him ."

LOL, That just about says it all. Indian Larry, Now he was a Builder, Biker.

Quick Reply: OCC & PJD are not real bikers!