Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OCC & PJD are not real bikers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Martimus
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
The show was just a colorful way for companies to advertise. Ya know, get their name out there. I'm sure the price they paid for those bikes was cheaper than buying 30 sec-1 min spots on network tv.
I agree totally! The money they invested into the purchase of a "theme" bike likely came out of advertising funds which would make it a potential deduction from their corporate taxes...

Old 10-09-2011, 09:28 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,649 Likes on 17,760 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
yeh, I read about that fake bankruptcy thing. wonder who came up with that idear
Chinese have have it down to a fine art out here a fast and dirty electronics or computer storefront opens runs to the very edge of legal and bang it's closed for a few days then there's a new name out front same faces doing it again . They get a 2 or 3 year run that way and the new place is under another relatives name . I know a few personally been doing for 20 yrs and have made bank money at it working the system .

Old 10-09-2011, 11:59 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Chinese have have it down to a fine art out here a fast and dirty electronics or computer storefront opens runs to the very edge of legal and bang it's closed for a few days then there's a new name out front same faces doing it again . They get a 2 or 3 year run that way and the new place is under another relatives name . I know a few personally been doing for 20 yrs and have made bank money at it working the system .
i believe the reason they transfer the business is to get federal funding for another 3 years. wish my family could do that. i'd have 10 kids.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:21 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 103streetglide
like your comments.like your mustang tooo...procharge that baby.
Why thank you! Great looking Mustang you have there, too! My 2000 Saleen isn't, but two of my other Mustangs are.

Sorry for the thread jack. Incidentally, I would be interested in seeing what the details of the O.C.C. Foundation really are, including administration costs. I don't want to accuse or assume, just wondering.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:07 AM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just as real as anyone else who owns a bike. bolting and unbolting chrome crap doesn't make you a wrench but when you toss over a leg and ride what are you? Not everyone in the 60's and 70's wrenched but they where always greasy from all the leaks

Old 10-10-2011, 05:41 AM
Patriot60
Cruiser

People like me earned the title a long time ago through a process most wouldn't have the sac to handle today and yes there was blood involved on occasion . I didn't buy into it with a credit card .
How long you been ridin son? Your the first and only "biker" I've heard to brag about a kick start. The best thing that ever happened to me was when I got my first electric start. The reason I don't ride my old pan very much anymore is because of that dam kicker. My hips and knees lost count of how many times that old bitch wouldn't start. But with 98K on it, what would you expect from an old 49. Settle down, have a brew and enjoy the fact that you can wrench on your own.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:00 AM
IronhorseMP
Advanced

Let me just caveat this by saying I'm not getting in on who is and who is not a biker, or if Paul Sr. or Jr. are bikers, dicks or whatever combination of the two you think. I've watched a number of episodes, and whether or not you like their bikes, I think it's unfair to label what they do as simply "assembly." They are constantly fabricating parts, pipes, tanks, etc. They're bike BUILDERS, not RE-BUILDERS. I would also like to point out that they are BIKE builders, not ENGINE builders. They build and sell NEW bikes. The parts, engines, transmissions, etc. on them are NEW. They're not scrounging for parts because they either use what they can order, or they make the pieces themselves. Would you buy a new Harley that had half the parts on it rebuilt from previous bikes? Frankly, I would be worried if I called to check the work on my bike and I heard, "It's going well, we're re-forging the pistons right now."

There's nothing wrong with using old parts on your bike, but if I buy it new, then it should not be used until I use it. I wrench on my bike when I can based on what tools and experience I have (always learning something new) because it's something I do for myself to get away from the rest of the world and because I believe what makes your bike yours is not just those things that are cataloged with logos and parts numbers, but how much time and effort you put into it.

I like the show (that's right I said I LIKE THE SHOW), but not because I'm saying to myself, "These guys are REAL bikers!" I like the show BECAUSE they're not bikes I see every day. It's something different. And whether I would ride it or not, I enjoy seeing them take something from concept to reality. Just my $0.02.

And if I run into you at a bike night or road stop, let me buy you a beer and tell me about yourself - I promise I won't ask you for your "biker resume."

Old 10-10-2011, 12:11 PM
chinbagger
Advanced

This is a Fin joke right? You guys all sound like fin g***shes not BIKERS. Isnt it all about just riding and having a good time while doing it? Some people have money and enjoy riding and not wrenchin. Some people are poor and can barely afford their bike and have to learn how to work on it just to ride. Some people are rich can wrench and do while riding. Its what makes you happy and what life you choose to lead. I am a dude that grew up wrenching and riding my whole life and still do. I am head to toes tatted and work on my bikes and ride the F out of them. i also have been fortunate enough to make six figures as a wrench and still earned an MBA while doing so. So im educated and wrench, i must b confused. Why cant people do what they want to and not get judged. I ride with dudes on jap bikes, who gives a ****, ride your bike and shut the F up....**** i wished i could make millions building shitty occ bikes.....

Old 10-10-2011, 02:05 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,649 Likes on 17,760 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot60
How long you been ridin son? Your the first and only "biker" I've heard to brag about a kick start. The best thing that ever happened to me was when I got my first electric start. The reason I don't ride my old pan very much anymore is because of that dam kicker. My hips and knees lost count of how many times that old bitch wouldn't start. But with 98K on it, what would you expect from an old 49. Settle down, have a brew and enjoy the fact that you can wrench on your own.

I'm closer to 60 than 50 , hips are going from 40 years in the saddle been riding since 1970 and the only rice I owned was sometime in the 70's I was living the life long before it became the middle aged white collar version of going to disneyland every weekend . I got you son hanging and I still use that kick starter every time I get on my bike I have to the button just won't roll it over , trick is knowing how to tune one I leaned that 35 years ago can't help it if you didn't . 95% of people haven't a clue about using a kicker they all go after it like they are stomping bugs , tune her and just push it through .

Old 10-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Patriot60
Cruiser

I'm closer to 60 than 50 , hips are going from 40 years in the saddle been riding since 1970 and the only rice I owned was sometime in the 70's I was living the life long before it became the middle aged white collar version of going to disneyland every weekend . I got you son hanging and I still use that kick starter every time I get on my bike I have to the button just won't roll it over , trick is knowing how to tune one I leaned that 35 years ago can't help it if you didn't . 95% of people haven't a clue about using a kicker they all go after it like they are stomping bugs , tune her and just push it through .
Well son maybe if we ever meet, you can show me some tricks on how to tune an old war horse (doubt it). I've been in the saddle since 1962, never owned rice either and never will. I still have the very first bike I ever bought and have never taken a bike to a dealer or anyone else to have it serviced or worked on and I guarentee you I've kicked more scoots over then you. Soooo, keep your kicker and hope you don't throw a hip out some day. Me I'll hit that little botton and ride my rode couch down the rode.

Quick Reply: OCC & PJD are not real bikers!