General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketoberfest, "Loud Pipes Risk Rights"

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Toypuller
I'm far from young and understand what the expression means. What I still want to know is this, How do you intend to "police" the people that are going to ride with straight pipes anyways. Sure you can say that everybody should use "common sense", but there will always be people that don't.

Super loud pipes are really not that common, but they do draw the most attention. I don't run them, but I'm not going to tell others what they should run either.
I'm not "telling" anyone to do anything, just asking that they think about it and the consequences if enough people complain and stricter noise laws get passed.

Maybe by having this discussion in a forum that a lot of motorcycle riders read, it will get some folks thinking.

I'm fully aware that some will do whatever they want regardless of how it affects others.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:00 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Noise is all in the right hand. The hand is controlled by the brain. Act accordingly.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:10 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,352 Likes on 2,532 Posts

Originally Posted by Stash905
I have Thunderheaders. Loud but not as loud as those straight drag pipes which do nothing but make noise and reduce low end power.
I take it easy on the throttle around the neighborhood and never blip the throttle at lights. Don't know why I would want to sit there and keep blipping the throttle, but some do. Just silly and stupid in my opinion.
harley davidson-the most efficient means of converting liquid fuel to noise without the added byproduct of horsepower......

Old 10-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Zap
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
harley davidson-the most efficient means of converting liquid fuel to noise without the added byproduct of horsepower......

Old 10-06-2011, 08:28 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,648 Likes on 2,536 Posts

GF & I are going. I'm runnin' my stockers on my King, but only 'cause my SEs are back ordered & won't be here in time. My GF has Rineharts which will crystallize your earwax when she gets on it, but will prolly escape a ticket 'cause she has big *****.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:47 PM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
GF & I are going. I'm runnin' my stockers on my King, but only 'cause my SEs are back ordered & won't be here in time. My GF has Rineharts which will crystallize your earwax when she gets on it, but will prolly escape a ticket 'cause she has big *****.

I tell mine this all the time..

Me..Ya know why they are so nice to you, right?

Her..No

me..cause ya got big *****.

her...*crickets

Old 10-06-2011, 10:03 PM
hep0950
Tourer

We were just down in Eureka springs for BBB and even late ate night there were idiots revving and doing what sounded like burnouts. Really, was that necessary? I run Vance and Hines Big Monster Ovals. I know they can be heard because a guy I work with can hear them on the hiway on the way to work when I am coming up to him, but I stay off of it when I have to leave for work at 4 in the morning.

By all means, open them up if there are those around that are not paying attention, but to do it just to hear them, is a little silly.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:03 PM
hep0950
Tourer

We were just down in Eureka springs for BBB and even late ate night there were idiots revving and doing what sounded like burnouts. Really, was that necessary? I run Vance and Hines Big Monster Ovals. I know they can be heard because a guy I work with can hear them on the hiway on the way to work when I am coming up to him, but I stay off of it when I have to leave for work at 4 in the morning.

By all means, open them up if there are those around that are not paying attention, but to do it just to hear them, is a little silly.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:29 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your second loud exhaust thread less then twelve days apart with that favorite word obnoxious. Doubt if you changed a single mind.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
Your second loud exhaust thread less then twelve days apart with that favorite word obnoxious. Doubt if you changed a single mind.
What, ya got nothing better to do than Stalk my threads? Kinda sad.

You might want to rethink that, there have been a lot of "Loud Pipes" threads lately, and the majority feel as I do.

Loud just for the sake of loud is just stupid. The thing that pisses me off, is that all us guys that like the nice deep rumble of some good aftermarket pipes, will end up paying the price for all you inconsiderate jackwads.

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest, "Loud Pipes Risk Rights"