General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

see what Harley Davidson Spain is doing

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Solitario
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default see what Harley Davidson Spain is doing

will the moco know anything about this? first was to forbid usa dealers to sell outside usa (I think that is something against the right of free comerce...) now hd Spain and some important friends in the goverment and inside the police dept start a fight agains Spanish legal import companys... they even said that they can not fix an american bike in a spanish dealer because they dont have the tools... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, AMERICAN AND EUROPEAN HD AR BOTH IN INCHES THEY ARE NOT METRIC!!! WTF! the only diference between a 1hd and a 5hd model is the cat converter. 2 days ago the godfather, I mean the president (sorry for the mistake), of hd spain said in El pais (very important newspaper) that american hd have a diferent engine than european hd... belive it or not.

so people in america who love hd, who work for hd, please stop all this f...ing sh.t asap there are many peopple lossing theis jobs and closing their business because of this.

http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2011/10...n-motorcycles/

Old 10-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Solitario
Tourer

shame

Old 10-03-2011, 10:58 AM
EddieBlaize
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a government problem, not HD Spain problem. The vin number shouldn't matter as long as the bike meets the mandated requirements.

Guess the US isn't alone in bike only checkpoints...

Old 10-03-2011, 01:44 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why can't the government, US and Spain, just leave us alone.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:08 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CEJohnson21
Why can't the government, US and Spain, just leave us alone.
Because then politicians would need to actually work......

Old 10-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Solitario
Tourer

this is not about the goberment. it is about harley davidson Spain. do you know how much a hd leather jacket cost here? more than 1400 usd, a road king standar is 32k... change oil, filters y check some bike's points cost arround 500 usd, a hd fullface helmet? 1500 usd.

people in spain are not stupid, we buy thing in ebay or to us dealers. I agree that there are some import taxes and shipping cost and hd spain has con earn some money so it is ok if things cost between a 15 and 20% more here, but not a 300%.

think about a jacket, from 350 usd to 1400 usd the are 1050 usd of benefits, does it cost 1050 dolars to bring a jacket to spain? no, it cost 100 usd to me, less if you are a company, so you earn more than 900 usd in every jacket. just think about parts and bikes. those guys in hd spain can use spring water in the wc and euros as toilet paper. it is what we call an ABUSE.

what happend? you cant control people and people is not stupid, people go to internet and buy from us delaers, pay shipping and import taxes and still earning a 70% sometimes so what did hd spain? writte to mom and tell mom what the other guys are doing to them at school. what is mom doing? tell forbid us dealers to sell abroad. results: international sales people are useless now in usa hd dealers and they are fired. this goes agains the liberty of free comerce.

until here we can say it was stage 1

NOW STAGE 2:

hd spain wrote a letter to the spanish goverment and to the police saying that ALL HD1 bikes are ilegal (thats not true, just some of them, if you import an HD1 to europe an change bulbs and mufflers and pass an inspection they are perfectly legal) HD told the goberment that those ilegal bikes were imported by ilegal dealers who gave money to peopple at inspections in order to pass them. HD spain also said that they cant repair those bike because they need special tools (false!) and that have diferent engines (false again) and it was the presindet of hd spain the stupid mother....er who said that.
consecuences: the police are taking all hd 1 bikes and leave the owner without bike until all of this is clarify and this can last for more than one year until the judgment ends.

why? because people bought 3 times more bikes from not oficial dealers (oficial import dealers) and they want to take that money too.

also hd spain wont sell parts to mechanics that dont work in a dealer, I have taken all my hd to the mecanic I trust and he is not an hd dealer, no he cant buy parts in spain but he cant also import parts from usa so he will have to close and open a new garage for metric bikes after working for more that 20 years with hd bikes.

and the worst thing about this is that it looks like it is goverment fault but it is all an hd spain conspirancy. Spain is europe? well... sometimes it is sometimes no. as a Spanish citicen all I can say is that this make me thing shame of country, if you have money here you can buy whatever, even people and laws.

just in case somebody from hd usa read this.... H E L P!!!!! and fire all the people at hd Spain because they all are a shame for the moco, even a monakey can do that work better.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:30 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Originally Posted by Solitario
and that have diferent engines (false again).....

This may actually be truthful. The engine cases may be the same; however they maybe modified (tuning) to run differently.

Pulling up UK Harley and the USA Harley sites, I did a side by side comparison.
Looking at the engine performances for 1 of 3 different class of bikes shows that
the US bikes have slightly higher numbers.

I've also read on many sites that the EU version of most engines are slightly de-tuned to allow for emission standards set by the government.

EDIT: Found my old post that has a short list of known differences between US and EU models

I know that you guys get a longer rear suspension (I think 13"), but not the side mounted license plate.

Also found this:

-Coulor of lightbuld covers (which are LED's and not able to change the bulbs. You have to buy the whole unit to replace.)
-Exaust slip-overs (has to do with sound regulations)
-Fuel / air ratio isn't even the same, the EU engin as been modified to have lower emittions, we lose about 15HP!!!
- and last but not least, we get how fast we are going in km and not miles

Last edited by wahlumsurfer; 10-03-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Solitario
Tourer

that dosent mean they have a diferent engine, that s because of emisions and if the problem is that why does hd spain sell SERTS and SE ac? they are ilegal to install in spain but they sell them. all of this is bullshit lies lies lies and more lies from hd spain.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:47 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Originally Posted by Solitario
that dosent mean they have a diferent engine, that s because of emisions and if the problem is that why does hd spain sell SERTS and SE ac? they are ilegal to install in spain but they sell them. all of this is bullshit lies lies lies and more lies from hd spain.
Well in a sense you are right that they are not different engines, but they have different specs. The different specs are in place to meet the laws put in place by the government, so a US engine is illegal under the emissions guidelines for your country. I don't agree with what they are doing, but they have the law on their side for some of their claims.

For the SERT they probably can legally sell it there under the premise that it's not "road legal" and to be used for racing purposes only. We have the same rules and guide lines here in the states, but it really isn't followed nor enforced in most areas; however, it does give a leg to stand on from a legality point. Still a douchey thing to do, but that's politics.

Last edited by wahlumsurfer; 10-03-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:03 PM
aces25
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only article I found from El Pais makes it sound like it is a Spanish government problem.

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/engli...18elpeng_4/Ten

Quick Reply: see what Harley Davidson Spain is doing