General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Be very Careful in Clermont

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 10:19 PM
DanDolfn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Lake Placid and went down to Sunrise (next to Ft Lauderdale) for my Road King. It's one of the Bruce Rossmeyer outlets. That's about 120 miles away from me.

Have a great independent mechanic in town called Rocker Box Cycles who has worked on my bikes for about three years.

Routine service will go to my local guy. Nothing at all against my dealer, but unless it's a warranty issue, it's too far to go back there.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:39 PM
kkiley
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok, so snooker might have gotten shafted, but it's just as much his fault for not getting it in writing. I've bought cars and sold them for a while, and every time something was promised, it was written in the contract and a "we owe" given. Keeps the he said-they said out of the equation.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:41 PM
kkiley
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

rule #1, never trust a salesman, and as Judge Judy says, if it's not in writing, it doesn't exist.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sorry ssnooker2, I just seem to be extra cranky lately.
Welcome to the Forum. Sorry you had a bad experience. I had a bad experience with Alyshia myself back in July.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:17 PM
TFTCAR
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by TKO
Why do you care , FYI he was new to Harley's only getting his 1st one a few years ago, he has read threads on here to gain info but never posted before , he bought 2 new Harley's in less than a month from this dealership and they screwed him , made verbal commitments that they later refused to honor , he didn't get them in writing so it is his bad, he posted on here per my recommendation to warn others , I don't see the number of posts matters , screwed is screwed , there are plenty of good dealers in Florida and we need to support them and point out the bad ones
Theres a difference between a Warning and a Whine. This sounds like a whine to me.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:28 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by ssnooker2
Well "Just Dave" Yes this is my first post and no its not complain its to help my friends to not make the same mistake I did. Thought thats what this was all about helping each other. I have gotten alot of great information from this site and this is the first thing I thought needed to be said. So have a nice day.........................
Welcome Ssnooker2. Most of us probably lurked here before we bought our bikes and picked up alot of info and continue to do so after we are Harley owners. In fairness to JustDave, you didn't give us the story so we had no way of knowing whether your complaint was legitimate or not until TKO explained your circumstances. We do get alot of people that have some personal grievance with a dealer or parts vendor or someone who sign on just to flame them. JustDave may have mistakenly thought you were one of them.

Stick around. This is a good community with lots of good folks you can learn valuable information from.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill03E
I have a problem with most dealers in Florida, I got screwed by Seminole HD, we won't go into it, but Daytona bike week had created bad dealers, they don't care about anyone they just want your money.
I haven't found a dealer in Florida that I trust %100. I didn't buy my scoot at Seminole Harley but I have taken it there for service a few times, including for repair work after my accident. Incompetent to no end and try to avoid you like the plague if they can until it's time to collect your money.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:16 PM
MADHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don’t worry about is ssnooker2, you’ll get your *** whipped every now and then on these forums, I think everyone does sooner or later. Yours just happen to be sooner. Lesson learned, always introduce yourself first and then bitch…

I’m sure the folks that do business with that dealership will appreciate the heads up, I know I would. If I can help it I will personally buy from a private party or at least shop around and help prevent/minimize taking it up the rump. The dealers in Vegas have a hell of a markup and they will try to get it, believe me.