General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Be very Careful in Clermont

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 07:49 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

+1 Fletcher's is great
Originally Posted by cbrenthus
I'm very happy with fletchers in Clearwater.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:07 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

Why do you care , FYI he was new to Harley's only getting his 1st one a few years ago, he has read threads on here to gain info but never posted before , he bought 2 new Harley's in less than a month from this dealership and they screwed him , made verbal commitments that they later refused to honor , he didn't get them in writing so it is his bad, he posted on here per my recommendation to warn others , I don't see the number of posts matters , screwed is screwed , there are plenty of good dealers in Florida and we need to support them and point out the bad ones
Originally Posted by Just Dave
That is you first post???? WTF. Did you just sign up to complain.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:19 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not sure which HD dealer the OP is talking about. There are a few in the area, I forget the names but there are two which are family owned and I think it is a couple brothers that operate them, one is especially bad but the other is not much better, you want to avoid those unless you like liars and thieves.

Stormy Hill has been great for me. I have never bought a bike there but the parts and service department have been very helpful and Alyshia is wonderful and so is the lead tech, I forget his name. I have no problems with Stormy Hill.

Also, someone mentioned Doc. http://docsperformancetuning.com/
Doc is not a full fledged indy. He builds engines for performance and is an excellent tuner and a trainer for TTS. If you need to know who to go to in the area, give Doc a call and ask him. He knows pretty much everyone involved in the trade and will steer you in the right direction.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:36 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
Why do you care , FYI he was new to Harley's only getting his 1st one a few years ago, he has read threads on here to gain info but never posted before , he bought 2 new Harley's in less than a month from this dealership and they screwed him , made verbal commitments that they later refused to honor , he didn't get them in writing so it is his bad, he posted on here per my recommendation to warn others , I don't see the number of posts matters , screwed is screwed , there are plenty of good dealers in Florida and we need to support them and point out the bad ones
WHAT!!??? ONLY 1500+ posts and you are sticking up for someone with a complaint on their FIRST post????

j/k...J/K Actually...good for you to steer the OP to the forum.
Welcome to the brother/sisterhood ssnooker2.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:46 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FloridaFLHX
I've had great experience with Stormy Hill's service department. Can't comment on the sales department, because I bought my bike elsewhere (one at Orlando, and one at Seminole). Honestly, I never considered buying at Stormy Hill because, when I went there to look, no one gave me the time of day. Didn't even acknowledge that I was there looking. So I went elsewhere.

Service has been a completely different deal. Dave and Dane take personal interest in their customers and their bikes - and Alyshia is awesome.

So somebody tell me about Doc. Because I need to know where I can find a good indy in the area.
Doc is a super knowledgeable indy, but he won't work on your bike in a service sense. All he does is tuning and engine builds these days. For anything service/repair related he'll recommend you to Dane at Stormy Hill Harley, which you've already been doing. He'll tell you to steer clear of sales, but he holds the service dept in high regards.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:11 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Just Dave
That is you first post???? WTF. Did you just sign up to complain.
Or he's been a lurker for a long time and just decided to sign up.....

Old 10-03-2011, 02:12 PM
ssnooker2
Stage II

Well "Just Dave" Yes this is my first post and no its not complain its to help my friends to not make the same mistake I did. Thought thats what this was all about helping each other. I have gotten alot of great information from this site and this is the first thing I thought needed to be said. So have a nice day.........................

Old 10-03-2011, 03:19 PM
bkelly1956
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HDJIM1158
Maybe it's just me, But I can't say enough about Daytona Harley. Bought two bikes from them, one during Bike Week. Sales and Service are the best.... fast service, bike returned clean and repair/ service done correctly. Very suprize to hear about such a bad dealer.... I thought Harley "policed" them.

Be Safe JIM
+1 on Daytona. I too have bought 2 bikes there. The most recent, a 2012 FB Lo about a month ago. I shopped it to dealers in Orlando, Space Coast, Treasure Coast. Daytona won. Have long been pleased with their service. The Manager, Dennis is great to deal with...helpful and fair.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Bighamster
Advanced

Originally Posted by bkelly1956
+1 on Daytona. I too have bought 2 bikes there. The most recent, a 2012 FB Lo about a month ago. I shopped it to dealers in Orlando, Space Coast, Treasure Coast. Daytona won. Have long been pleased with their service. The Manager, Dennis is great to deal with...helpful and fair.

How much of the bullshit extra fees did they charge you? The last time I was in there the sticker had almost $1900.00 in "fees"

Old 10-03-2011, 07:33 PM
red69camaro
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=arcticharleyman;8882821]WHAT!!??? ONLY 1500+ posts and you are sticking up for someone with a complaint on their FIRST post????

+1

I've seen a lot of first post bitching about some company. Never seen a first post saying good stuff. Always makes me leary. Didn't see a lot of people jumping in and agreeing.

Quick Reply: Be very Careful in Clermont