General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made In China

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 09:27 PM
UFOtestpilot
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by capitalist_slave
I was going to buy another pair of Ariat boot for work... MADE IN CHINA.

Bought Justin's instead - MADE IN USA

Not gonna change the world, but at least i'm supporting ONE American company.
I'm not trying to throw gas on the fire but I have really had a hard time with the boot thing lately.

I live in PDX, which means that I have Danner right here. I have worn their USA made boots, and I have worn their made in China boots (pretty much all the molded sole boots). The DFA is an awesome boot and I almost bought a pair. I have a set of Strikers, and a pair of brand new all leather APB's I bought last weekend on closeout, all made in China. I would pay a little extra for them if they would make them here, but they aren't going to.

Here is the problem with however I do it:

No matter which pair of boots I buy from them, they will use some of my money (their profits) to have more boots made in China, and to purchase more synthetic components made in China.

Meanwhile the guy that I bought my Chinese boots from gets to go to his home and eat food with his family because people like me spend our money at the Danner factory store. It's all F'd up man, I gotta choose my battles.

FWIW, the USA made Danners and the Chinese Danners both last me 3-5 years of hard-*** use depending on the terrain and task involved.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Bricklayer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,472 Posts

Grandson is joining Boy Scouts of America. Went out to pick him up his shirt, neck tie,
and patches. Shirt made in Bangladesh, everything else made in China. What the F#&K!!
I'm really getting tired of all this Chinese made bull$h!t.

Last edited by Bricklayer; 10-05-2011 at 07:18 PM.