General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK or Streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011 | 07:51 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by dstonemega
Road King looks awesome without the windshield.

Street glide looks good and feels cramped.

Road glide looks awesome and handles better in the parking lot than a Street Glide, check it out.
How so?

If you want parking lot handling , get or Moped. Or get a RK. Great example here:

http://youtu.be/M9MVY8swO5M

Old 09-30-2011 | 07:53 PM
camsmith
Road Captain

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
After looking thru the picture section on here last night, I have come to determine that my wife loves the Fat Boy. Ive always liked it as well. I think Im leaning more towards one of them now fellas. I appreciate all the info... LOL
If she loves the look of the Fat Boy and I were planning to do any amount of two-up riding, I would at least go ride a Road King for the Touring frame and storage versatility. I had a Dyna Wide Glide (2003), a Texas Chopper (2004) and then a 2007 Street Glide and finally the 2008 Custom Police bike in my Signature pic. Have ridden two-up on all of them, BUT two-up for an extended time needs to be on a Touring frame. My $0.02

Old 09-30-2011 | 08:05 PM
Cometsoft
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Are you short or do you look at your feet a lot? The only time the fairing obstructs my view is when I put the bike on the cycle dolly.
Why don't you pop off the fairing on your street glide and see for yourself? Of course if you just drive on dollys, freeways and interstates don't bother.

Old 09-30-2011 | 08:17 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member

A close friend of mine has an RK and said he feels cramped on the SG and would pick the RG over it. Easier to do handlebars too.

Originally Posted by Cometsoft
Why don't you pop off the fairing on your street glide and see for yourself? Of course if you just drive on dollys, freeways and interstates don't bother.
I'm not short and I keep my eyes up and look ahead so the switchbacks of Mt. Hamilton and the turns of 84, Hwy. 9 and Skyline Drive along with steep driveways don't bother me any more with the batwing than the Deuce I had.

In fact, do you think an RG is downright dangerous? You know, the fairing is WAY out there so you can't see what is in front of you AND the headlights don't turn in a corner.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 10-01-2011 at 02:55 AM.
Old 09-30-2011 | 10:54 PM
DaxE
Cruiser

So let me get this right. Some of you folks are complaining about hearing someones radio but Loud exhaust is ok? The things that make you go hmmmm

I am not sure how any of the tourning models could handle better than the other.....maybe some high speed crosswind issues but other than that they should be the same.

Ride both and figure out which one works for ya man. They both have there places.

Old 10-01-2011 | 05:34 AM
Cometsoft
Intermediate

In fact, do you think an RG is downright dangerous? You know, the fairing is WAY out there so you can't see what is in front of you AND the headlights don't turn in a corner.
It has nothing to do with danger, it's about enjoyment. Why do think people bother taking off their windshields. It's not always just for the fresh air.

Old 10-01-2011 | 05:36 AM
Cometsoft
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DaxE
So let me get this right. Some of you folks are complaining about hearing someones radio but Loud exhaust is ok? The things that make you go hmmmm
In my case you got it wrong. Hate loud pipes. If you need them to make you feels safe, drive a car.

Old 10-01-2011 | 08:27 AM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by plasmadaddy
Had a Road King, liked it but ultimately got bored. It's not a bar hopper an it's not a tourer it's an inbetweener!
I have to disagree. A Road King can be a great tourer. I've done 450 mile days in total comfort. The Road King is Harley's convertible. You can come off tour to strip off the detachable tour pack, take off the windshield, exchange the two-up seat for a solo and you have an entirely different looking and feeling bike.

I'll not chime in on the music discussion because I have no interest in tunes on a motorcycle.

Old 10-01-2011 | 10:32 AM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member

It has nothing to do with danger, it's about enjoyment. Why do think people bother taking off their windshields. It's not always just for the fresh air.
What is the other reason?

In my case you got it wrong. Hate loud pipes. If you need them to make you feels safe, drive a car.
You're in the minority here.

Old 10-01-2011 | 11:01 AM
Cometsoft
Intermediate

What is the other reason?
Hmmm, thought I'd mentioned the view?

Quick Reply: RK or Streetglide