General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK or Streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011 | 03:53 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member

Love the Road King Classic... hard bike to beat, IMO.

Old 09-28-2011 | 04:46 AM
Cometsoft
Intermediate

Ride a RK/RKC on a nice warm day with windshield off. Reflections of sky/tree/buildings off big shiny chrome headlight cover beats crappy stereo any day.

Old 09-28-2011 | 05:20 AM
Very High Plain Drifter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cometsoft
Ride a RK/RKC on a nice warm day with windshield off. Reflections of sky/tree/buildings off big shiny chrome headlight cover beats crappy stereo any day.
What he said.

Besides, who wants to listen to a radio when you could be listening to those lovely sounding pipes you paid extra for?

Old 09-28-2011 | 06:24 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by plasmadaddy
Had a Road King, liked it but ultimately got bored. It's not a bar hopper an it's not a tourer it's an inbetweener!

Bought myself a Street Glide and can't stop grinning! Looks like a mean **** IMO!
I like my "crappy" radio and my cruise control. Together they make my 4-500 mile weekend rides a real pleasure. Park it next to my mates Road King and thank my lucky stars that I was able to buy the SG!
But look at the one you have, That's not "JUST" a Street Glide! That is one sweet ride, Whats not to love about your bike.

Old 09-28-2011 | 06:36 AM
Ed Vanharley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Cometsoft
Yeah, What he Said.
Try taking the Plastic Batwing off

Old 09-28-2011 | 06:59 AM
davidsdad
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
That would be a PITA and dangerous adjusting the volume, choosing playlists, etc. Not to mention the options of radio and CD.

The sound level complaints are baseless as well.

RK owners shouldn't comment on stereo aspects.

We liked using our headsets dedicated for conversation and the stereo for ambient sound. At 75mph, FF helmets, and non-stock pipes.

We liked our dedicated
Who uses CD's in these days? A MP3 or USB Drive is so much better and don't take up the space that CD's require!!!
Plus, I can't stand someone that is in our group of riders playing their music so loud that when I am even close all I hear is noise and it makes me think there is something wrong with my bike at times!!

Last edited by davidsdad; 09-28-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 09-28-2011 | 08:59 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Just Dave
But look at the one you have, That's not "JUST" a Street Glide! That is one sweet ride, Whats not to love about your bike.
True!

Old 09-28-2011 | 09:12 AM
sharpshooter
|
Road Warrior

Awesome replies fellas, Im finding it harder to make a choice now, The wife doesnt really care for either for some reason,I cant get her to understand the customization process! She kinda likes the more simple bikes (meaning a little less bulky) for some reason she likes the fat bob. We have both agreed that the Fat Boy is a sharp bike. I will say that most of the riding will be done by me, maybe a couple hundred miles a weekend and back n forth to work. We will do some 2 up trips though. I want something thats comfortable for mainly single rides but be accommodating on 2 up endeavors

Old 09-28-2011 | 09:30 AM
poisonthesteve
Tourer

I don't need nor do i want a windshield or a fairing. give me the road king. fat boy looks nice too

Old 09-28-2011 | 09:47 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member

Get a Fat Boy. It's at least a 100lbs. lighter, looks better rides fine and with a removable backrest is a comfortable bike for a passenger. Touring bikes are for old guys and fat guys. Being 66 and in decent shape I'm not ready for a 825 lb. monstrosity slathered in plastic.

Oops! gotta go...

Quick Reply: RK or Streetglide