General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK or Streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011 | 04:40 PM
oldmanwayne
Road Captain

I had a Road King, now have a Street Glide. I liked the looks of the King but the Glide is the best bike for me. I like the tunes and gauge location and it seems to fit me better. To each his own....

Old 09-27-2011 | 04:50 PM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain

Never really got the Road King as a touring bike....never really got the Road King period........that's why HD makes the EG, RG and SG bikes......

Old 09-27-2011 | 06:14 PM
davidsdad
Road Warrior

I dig the Road King!!

Old 09-27-2011 | 06:17 PM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member

I took the wife to the HD dealership and I showed her the pearl white RK and the vivid black SG. I told here to pick and she picked the SG because she loved the look.

Old 09-27-2011 | 06:28 PM
scasey
Road Master

Originally Posted by pretz
I took the wife to the HD dealership and I showed her the pearl white RK and the vivid black SG. I told here to pick and she picked the SG because she loved the look.

There is your answer..... Who actually listens to their wife

Old 09-27-2011 | 06:31 PM
aggiejason
Cruiser
Thumbs up Road King

I had an Ultra. While it was a fine ride, it just seemed to.....mmmmm.......something........refined might be the word, I dunno. It's not called a "road sofa" for nothing. It was an '06. Traded it for a '08 RK and couldn't be happier. The King already had a chromed front end, chromed controls, AND 16" apes which make it very comfy for me. I have them pulled back a bit and they're perfect for me. No way I could have ridden it with the stock bars. Sure I miss the tunes sometimes, but other than that it's just what I need.

Old 09-27-2011 | 07:48 PM
KAUFMANSM
Tourer

I have the RK now, had two ultras before it, now thinking about Streetglide. But one thing keeps me from pulling the trigger, every time I ride the RK I say I love that bike.

Old 09-27-2011 | 07:58 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Spindrifter
If I want tunes I listen to my Ipod. With some good earbuds or small speakers mounted into a FF helmet you won't have to spend a fortune buying a stereo to hear at higher speeds and over your pipes...the stock ones just don't cut it IMHO
That would be a PITA and dangerous adjusting the volume, choosing playlists, etc. Not to mention the options of radio and CD.

The sound level complaints are baseless as well.

RK owners shouldn't comment on stereo aspects.

We liked using our headsets dedicated for conversation and the stereo for ambient sound. At 75mph, FF helmets, and non-stock pipes.

We liked our dedicated

Old 09-27-2011 | 08:24 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
That would be a PITA and dangerous adjusting the volume, choosing playlists, etc. Not to mention the options of radio and CD.

The sound level complaints are baseless as well.

RK owners shouldn't comment on stereo aspects.

We liked using our headsets dedicated for conversation and the stereo for ambient sound. At 75mph, FF helmets, and non-stock pipes.

We liked our dedicated
You might like hearing your stereo but I can guarantee you that someone you ride with just hates having to hear it. Nothing but tinny sounding tones to every body else around you. Are you one of those that pulls up to get gas and leaves it blasting? Are we allowed to comment if we used to have an awful sounding stereo until we saw the light and bought a Road King.

Old 09-28-2011 | 03:47 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior

Had a Road King, liked it but ultimately got bored. It's not a bar hopper an it's not a tourer it's an inbetweener!

Bought myself a Street Glide and can't stop grinning! Looks like a mean **** IMO!
I like my "crappy" radio and my cruise control. Together they make my 4-500 mile weekend rides a real pleasure. Park it next to my mates Road King and thank my lucky stars that I was able to buy the SG!

Quick Reply: RK or Streetglide