General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chic Harleys? Old Man Harleys??

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 12:14 PM
ae4782tt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chic Harleys? Old Man Harleys??

What would you guys think of as a chick Harley? A little background: I have a female friend that I work with, I would like to ride, and occasionally ride with. She says my '03 Heritage with the windshield, bags, and leather tassles on the brake and clutch levers, looks like an old mans bike! (I'm 47 she is 39) She has an 03 V-Rod with custom red paint and ghost flames. Its kinda like a fashion ascessory I suppose, its painted to match her red hair she says! I gotta admit she does lookpretty good on it! So when you think of a Chic-Harley what comes to mind? Softail Deluxe, Street Bob, maybe a Sportie comes to mind for me. As an old Man's Harley I think that is harder to put a label on.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:20 PM
XRP
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Chic Harleys? Old Man Harleys??

The only thing that comes to my mind is, I would like to see a picture of this redhead!

Old 11-23-2006, 12:21 PM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No such thing as a chic or old man's harley.

Most chicks will start out with a Sportster because of the size. I know a few chicks with v-rods and I have a buddy with a v-rod.

I've seen a few chicks around my home town on road kings. There is no his/hers.

I have 2 baggers and just turned 36. I don't feel like an old man.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

The popular "Chic" bike (even though it a great ride for men too) seems to be the Deluxe. I don't think there is such a thing as an "old man's bike" anymore. Having a windshield and bags just makes you smart.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

The whole chick bike thing is pointless,there's not any model Harley puts out that women aren't riding.... The whole mystique about men and their Harley Davidsons is a thing of the past from days gone by.

Ride what you like,the bike that fits your needs.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:28 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Street Bob a chick bike??? WTF! The Bob is an all-man, old-school, bad-***, rebel without a cause, bike!!![sm=boink3.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=closed.gif]
ORIGINAL: ae4782tt

What would you guys think of as a chick Harley? A little background: I have a female friend that I work with, I would like to ride, and occasionally ride with. She says my '03 Heritage with the windshield, bags, and leather tassles on the brake and clutch levers, looks like an old mans bike! (I'm 47 she is 39) She has an 03 V-Rod with custom red paint and ghost flames. Its kinda like a fashion ascessory I suppose, its painted to match her red hair she says! I gotta admit she does lookpretty good on it! So when you think of a Chic-Harley what comes to mind? Softail Deluxe, Street Bob, maybe a Sportie comes to mind for me. As an old Man's Harley I think that is harder to put a label on.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:31 PM
ae4782tt
Road Master

I'll see what I can do in regards to a photo....of the redhead I mean! I am new to this forum and have not downloaded any pictures yet. Plus I need to get her blessings first. Don't wanna **** her off! Been there done that don't wanna do it again!!

Old 11-23-2006, 12:32 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

Street Bob a chick bike??? WTF! The Bob is an all-man, old-school, bad-***, rebel without a cause, bike!!![sm=boink3.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=closed.gif]

I knew someone would get their panties in a twist when I read the first post. Thats a dangerous subject. It's sorta OK to call someone's bike an "Old man bike" but it gets a little chancey when you start calling it a "Girls bike"

What do I think a girls bike is? I aint gonna touch that.

Old man's bike? See my picture below.....

nogood o~`o

Old 11-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

What happens on the forum stays on the forum. Let me know if you need any help when you are ready to post the pic.

I'll see what I can do in regards to a photo....of the redhead I mean! I am new to this forum and have not downloaded any pictures yet. Plus I need to get her blessings first. Don't wanna **** her off! Been there done that don't wanna do it again!!

Old 11-23-2006, 12:48 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wnogood: "Panties in a twist"? Poor choice of words when I am defending the "manliness" of my bike!!
ORIGINAL: wnogood

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

I knew someone would get their panties in a twist when I read the first post. Thats a dangerous subject. It's sorta OK to call someone's bike an "Old man bike" but it gets a little chancey when you start calling it a "Girls bike"

What do I think a girls bike is? I aint gonna touch that.

Old man's bike? See my picture below.....

nogood o~`o

Quick Reply: Chic Harleys? Old Man Harleys??