General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chic Harleys? Old Man Harleys??

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 06:38 AM
DanDeuce
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chic Harleys? Old Man Harleys??

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

The popular "Chic" bike (even though it a great ride for men too) seems to be the Deluxe. I don't think there is such a thing as an "old man's bike" anymore. Having a windshield and bags just makes you smart.
They don't call em GEEZERGLIDES for nothing ! If I need a windshield or a bigger place for storage or God forbid I get TOO COLD , I'll just hop in the Chevy truck .

Don't think Sportsters are " CHICK " bikes !

Old 11-24-2006, 09:16 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

my take on all this crap......
I think what your seeing out there on these bikes...
,,"Chix with Dix",,,,,,,,, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

docpoof,,, nice slam on znavy,,,, mrs flower pants,,, er pipes!!!!!!!!!!!!
toooo funnnyyy

Old 11-24-2006, 11:16 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Women like men have to have an opinion,but like most of the posts say,women used to start out on Sportsters.Today it appears to have changed.Back in my day you had to ride a black bike not to get razed,never a white one.My only not black bike is now Pearl White RK with all polished aluminum.It is gorgeous to me,and have had no critics to my face at least.It wouldn't matter anyway.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I don't think a Street Bob falls in the Chic Bike category. That bike was my second choice but felt that if I got it, I'd just spend more money on chrome.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:46 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

I've seen several women riding Road Glides. They didn't look like old men eigther.

Old 11-24-2006, 01:15 PM
docsg
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I put my 01' LowRider up for sale, it was bought by a petite female. I replaced it with another LowRider. I would love to ride with her (she looks a hell of lot better on it than I ever did!) but my wife and her husband don't think that's a good idea (and he's much bigger than me!).

My opinion regarding this subject (and that an $100 buys almost nothing at a dealership) is that I think females today that ride have as varied tastes in models and we men do. However, I must admit I haven't seen many on Ultra Classics, at least in this area.

Old 11-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Katie
Elite HDF Member

You guys are too funny... I would Love to see someone tell a guy like Wnogood, he is on a Chic bike....to his face... [sm=badidea.gif]

I never looked twice at a Sporty.. slid onto the Deluxe & that was it.. [sm=Awwww.gif] It has all I need.. & want...( least on a Bike... [sm=devilangel.gif])

Old 11-25-2006, 05:01 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: DaveT

ORIGINAL: bikergirl40

ORIGINAL: DaveT

Maybe we should ask the chicks to tell us what they think a a chic bike is. When my wife was shopping for bikes, she was always drawn to the pearl white bikes, both Dyna or Duece. What she ended up buying, by her own free choice was — get ready — Street Bob in cobalt blue.
I think the point is .... "chicks" like the same bikes for the same reasons as "guys" do and visa versee!

I agree for the most part, but you don't see too many guys drawn to the pearl white bikes. I just like seeing chicks on bikes...any bike.

DT
Oh, I don't know about that. We had a very close friend who had a white road king. He loved it. It was a beautiful bike...to anyone's standards. Look at any parking lot full of bikes (at a rally for instance)... there is every colour...not just black. It would be difficult to choose which is ridden by either gender, judging by colour alone.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Bighorse
Road Captain

I don't think I have any tendencies but then again I wonder about any man that would buy a bike called the "SOFTAIL". My Softail came out of the shop today after having the 1550 big bore kit installed. I can live with this new 89.76 HP & 97.30 torque. Gurls bike my tush!