General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes that are so loud, they're obnoxious.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 04:09 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony P
Let's enjoy our loud pipes while we can. The government will be coming for them shortly.

It ain't the government we have to worry about Tony.

Or the little old ladies.

Or Joe Citizen.

It's those little fist shaking, foot stomping, "I'll call the cops" sensitive motorcycle enthusiasts who are just so LIVID.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:12 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony P
Let's enjoy our loud pipes while we can. The government will be coming for them shortly.
And, to all you cat gutters out there, we in Northern Virginia have had mandatory emissions inspections on our cars for years. (You need to pass to get your registration renewed, so there's no ignoring it.) As soon as they figure out how to adapt the equipment for use on motorcycles, they'll certainly extend the requirement.

That's why I keep the cat. I stay street legal because I travel through lots of small towns in lots of states and don't want some LEO to impound my bike because I can't show that my pipes are compliant when he thinks they are loud.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:21 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by Blowzo
If you would call the cops over noise... then YOU are the problem... NOT the noise makers. Deal with it on your own... Harden The $&#( up!
Problem is. Most "men" now days are pussies and if you confront them they call the cops. It's really no win. That's why being anti social really pays off. I could care less unless you violate my space. Otherwise yall can kill yourselves.

Every asshat will justify their acting like an asshat. This thread is just a lesson in selfishness.

We are not the problem with the policies being made. It's the every day person that you offend. Because you're the only person that matters. In your little world you rule. Thing is. It's not how it works. bunch of children.

Now blast me for my opinion. It's comical. Just don't bust out caps lock on me. I scare easily.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Armyman2988
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny how people get stereotyped because they have loud pipes. Like I said before I have no baffels in my V&H short shots, but I bought the bike that way, and no I dont like listening to the pop when I decellerate, and I try not to over rev when accelerating either. I live in an apartement complex and do respect the other people that live around me, and am as quiet as possible when I am coming in and when leaving, but I get compliments on the way my bike sounds all the time. I love the way it sounds while riding it and I think that serving my country and getting blown up in Iraq, oh and not to mention THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES gives me the freedom to do what I want with my Harley. I obey the traffic laws and don't ride like an idiot, but I am not going to let somebody try to put me down for something they do not like. I do not care if you like it or not you are entitled to your own opinion, but don't come to where I live and try to put your beliefs on me, because where I live the people around here do not like that very well. I don't care if you do not like me I am not here to empress, but to enjoy my freedoms that I fought for. The cops here don't care about things like loud pipes, and I am glad I live in a part of the country where the police don't pay much attention to stuff like loud motorcycles and noise unless there are complaints by multiple people. That is just my rant on this whole noise bs and good night from north Texas.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:46 PM
HelmetHead
Banned

No other saying has made bikers the butt of jokes more then "Loud Pipes Save Lives".

Old 09-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Armyman2988
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LDB415
Yes, she can vote against loud exhaust and there are a whole lot of "them" who are sick of loud pipes and sorry attitudes and even includes a bunch of riders who are "tired of those loud motorcycles coming from out of nowhere". When enough ignorant riders with selfish entitled attitudes do enough of "exercising their right to loud pipes" and "riding safely because they are loud" and irritate enough people riding in their vicinity at inconsiderate times we'll all be putting factory pipes on our bikes because any other pipes will be illegal.

I typed that with one finger but that's still probably too fast for the "entitled" straight pipes crowd of Obama voters who make all the noise and vulgar comments about those who dislike their too loud pipes.
Well I have my opinion on this and when I was sitting in my room in Iraq watching his inaguration with some of my buddies, we were all betting on how long it was going to take before somebody tried to assassinate him. I havn't voted ever, because there has not been a suitable candidate for president IMO because all politicians are self centered and don't give a damn about anything but how much money they can make and make themselves look better. Just like a Senator can go serve one term and retire with full retirement, but I can get blown up in Iraq and then have to fight for almost 3 years to get any VA benefits out of it. Just another example of how screwed up our government is.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:00 PM
edilgdaor
Banned
Received 6,611 Likes on 3,880 Posts

I have a MiniBeast horn.

It's great for the LEFT side of the bike.

My PARTICULAR problem is that all the cars that can merge into the lane I'm in will be coming from the RIGHT side of the bike. The bike is a sound-wall between the threat and the horn.

But there is an exhaust pipe on the side where the threat will be coming from.

I'm sure there are some who will now say that they have NEVER had a car try to move into their lane, so they don't believe me....

Old 09-25-2012, 08:06 PM
LDB415
Road Captain

Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that. Like most faulty arguments you just proved yourself wrong with your own argument.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:32 PM
LDB415
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Armyman2988
I havn't voted ever.
You have voted every time. You voted for Obama in the last election. You are voting for Obama again in November unless you go vote for Romney. Your choices are

Proactively vote for Obama

Proactively vote for Romney

Vote for a third party candidate which is voting for Obama by default

Write in a name of your choice which is voting for Obama by default

Stay home and not vote which is voting for Obama by default

Old 09-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Armyman2988
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LDB415
You have voted every time. You voted for Obama in the last election. You are voting for Obama again in November unless you go vote for Romney. Your choices are

Proactively vote for Obama

Proactively vote for Romney

Vote for a third party candidate which is voting for Obama by default

Write in a name of your choice which is voting for Obama by default

Stay home and not vote which is voting for Obama by default
Well aparantly you love Obama so why don't you go stick your head farther up his *** since you obviously voted for him. Like I said I have not voted because there has never been a Presidential candidate that I have cared for. So go run your **** holster some more to make yourself feel better or just shove another dick in there so we don't have to hear it.

Quick Reply: Pipes that are so loud, they're obnoxious.