General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road king

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011 | 09:13 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the new ride! It took 3 months for my Road King to arrive from the factory so I know how you feel.

Old 09-27-2011 | 09:26 PM
warrconn
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Bligh
The wait is a killer, but that ride home slaps a smile on your face that lasts for days.

When I got mine, I kept sneaking to the garage at night just to look at it and sit on it. It's a little silly when you get caught, but so what?

I think we ALL do it.

Old 09-28-2011 | 11:11 AM
humboldtsgt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! I love my '11 Road King and I am sure that you will be very happy with your choice as well. XKnight, nice ride!

Old 10-01-2011 | 03:27 PM
softail78
|
Intermediate
Default roadking

well, sat on bike today and hear it run. runs and sounds nice,dealer is still waiting for the paperwork from factory. weather here cold and rainy,not good riding weather anyway. hoping paperwork shows monday i want to ride it so bad before having to put it up for the winter. new big blue pearl is a very nice color and looks great.

Old 10-01-2011 | 06:24 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by humboldtsgt
XKnight, nice ride!
Thanks! How long did you have to wait for yours or did you get lucky with one on the floor?

Old 10-01-2011 | 11:06 PM
Motorbones
Road Master

Originally Posted by softail78
my new road king should arive next week ,cant wait to ride it ive been waiting for two months. i hope we still get good weather in october to ride.
You do realize that now it's going to start raining next Monday and will not stop for 7-9 weeks (but only where you live)!!!

Old 10-02-2011 | 04:57 AM
softail78
|
Intermediate
Default road king

i decided to get the big blue pearl. do to the year change over and it being a new color for 12 i had to order the bike cause no dealers in the states had one yet. the bike is in and ready for delivery, still waiting on paper work from factory. for safety reasons the paper work does not come with the bikes. i am told the paper work comes a few days after the bikes arive at dealerships. this shure makes the waiting process a lot harder knowing the bike sits there just waiting for me but cant have it yet.

Old 10-02-2011 | 04:58 AM
softail78
|
Intermediate
Default road king

i have to keep telling myself that good things come to those who wait.

Old 10-02-2011 | 11:27 AM
DanDolfn
Tourer

I picked up a left over 2011 Road King a couple of weeks ago. It took me a while to figure out that it was a Peace Officer Special Edition. It had a tank emblem instead of a decal and included cruise control and ABS brakes.

Came in black, but I didn't care about the color because I'm having it triked. When the trike kit AND bike get painted, it will be in '56-'57 Chevy colors, Sierra Gold and Adobe Beige.

The trike kit will be done at the end of this month. In the meantime, I'm having fun on two wheels.

The RK is a trip to ride!

Old 10-02-2011 | 03:56 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The Road King rules, it's the most versatile of all the bikes H-D makes. You can run it all stripped down or in 5 minutes have it set up as a full-on Bagger with windshield, TourPak, etc. Mine morphs into various forms depending on my mood or needs.

Quick Reply: road king