General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speaking of harley jackets, I would love to have one of these

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 09:16 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the best racing leathers would have to be kenny roberts on a yamaha(black and yellow) or bubba shobert on a honda. both won everything on dirt and went on to win world championships on pavement. there are no harley riders that can compare to these two. sorry!!

Old 09-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
the best racing leathers would have to be kenny roberts on a yamaha(black and yellow) or bubba shobert on a honda. both won everything on dirt and went on to win world championships on pavement. there are no harley riders that can compare to these two. sorry!!
Nice to see you fine comparing apples to oranges.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:27 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to laugh at all the posen rubs that talk smack from a keyboard, say'n what's a fashion statement and what is not. Most of them don't even wrench their own bikes, and are the first to say how MOCO is screwing them over.

Check your PM's I'll send you a Jacket similar to that one..........

Shoot I wear whatever I feel like, and don't give a hoot what others think or say about it...................They ain't float'n none of my bills...........Oh! wait a minute yes they are, they are pay'n for my ride with their hard earned tax dollars, as I am 100% DAV and could give a Rat's *** what they think.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:28 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
Where do I begin..........

Kenny Roberts lost his crown to the XR-750 in 1975....Kenny climbed aboard his TZ-750 in attempt to keep his title and still lost....The 4-cyl,
I-4 couldn't make the turn at speed without hitting the fence....

It was fast for sure, but going that fast on a dirt oval had no meaning then and still does not today!!!!!

Old 09-23-2011, 09:29 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

never knew half mile racing was gay

Old 09-23-2011, 09:43 PM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the jacket, and as I have a XR, I quess it's okay to wear it. When I examined one up close though, I noticed the the very poor ink job done on the red/gray blocks and the words "racing" and "performance". It just looks cheap.
The graphic designs are cool, the patches are cool, the attempt at a "faded" look on those blocks just looks fake and cheesy. And that is too bad because the overall design appeals to some of us that remember stuff like this from the 70's: an over the top retro-style throwback. There is room in this world for more than one kind of jacket. If the price drops down to the bargin bin range I might still get one, and see if the ink can be removed or covered over.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:44 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher

Naaaa, anyone can do that

Old 09-23-2011, 09:53 PM
warrick
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schumacher

That is cool a$$ pic.

I would rock that coat.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:54 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wasn't being sarcastic at all, I love the XR and I think the jacket looks good. But I like my looser fitting horsehide jacket for just cruising. If I won the lottery tomorrow the next bike I would buy would be an XR, just looks like a fun bike, I would mod it into a real nice racer, and that jacket fits the XR real well.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:57 PM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmy B
Dude, I was just looking for a drinking buddy, or more important a riding buddy here in Mexico. Just for asking, I was labled GAY. what ever, I dont care, so If you badass moth** **ckers still want to think I;m gay, have it it, but I have been living in the ultimate **** for the pat 20 years. Grow a pair and live where I do......

feeling a little stressed are ya?
Dont let anyone get to you.People can say anything they want and it doesnt make it so. You generally are a pretty mild mannered dude it seems....would say always but after this....gotta say generally lol
Seriously, out of everyone in here, as far as i can tell/as much as its possible to tell, i think you have the most nerve out of everyone here including myself. I dont know why you do what you do but thats your call. I know where youre at and i hope you watch yourself real close. Do not get caught sleeping.As i understand it its getting worse.I personally have alot of respect for you and like i said i think most likely you got more nerve than anybody here.

i forgot whathis post was about...a jacket? if so its only gay if youre wearing it while having sex with a dude. If so its definatly gay.

Quick Reply: speaking of harley jackets, I would love to have one of these