General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockhard American classic - Pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 10:47 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Rockhard American classic - Pictures!

Hey guys,

As many of you have, I too have been on the search for the perfect helmet. I've done countless hours of research and looking for pictures.

I finally decided on the Rockhard American classic open face helmet. I knew it wasn't the most low profile helmet, but I heard is very comfortable. So I bought it from Motorcycle-Superstore and it came in yesterday.

My thoughts.. It's VERY comfortable just as stated previously! It's nice. Love the lining inside the lid. Very soft. I haven't put on any serious miles yet, but I think it's a keeper. It's not the most low profile, but it doesn't look bad. Its a bit bulbous on top, but I can dig it.

Pics! Also, those are my new Emgo Roadhawk goggles.

My next helmet will either be a Daytona open face or a Licks open face. Haven't decided.

Last edited by AdrianVall; 09-23-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:25 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

After sitting on the fence for sometime and reading all the threads I placed my order on Tuesday night through JakeWilson.com since MCSuperstore didn't have a large in matte black. Only thing is where MCSuperstore ships free for orders over $89 with JW its over $99. But I don't mind spending a few extra bucks ($7.00 flat rate 3 day delivery) for fast shipping. Less than an hour after I made the purchase I got a shipping confirmation from them and it was just dropped off at the house not long ago so it's waiting for me when I get home from work.

Fingers are crossed that it fits, hate ordering a helmet online without getting a chance to try it on first.

BTW Love the goggles.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:34 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SciFiGuy
After sitting on the fence for sometime and reading all the threads I placed my order on Tuesday night through JakeWilson.com since MCSuperstore didn't have a large in matte black. Only thing is where MCSuperstore ships free for orders over $89 with JW its over $99. But I don't mind spending a few extra bucks ($7.00 flat rate 3 day delivery) for fast shipping. Less than an hour after I made the purchase I got a shipping confirmation from them and it was just dropped off at the house not long ago so it's waiting for me when I get home from work.

Fingers are crossed that it fits, hate ordering a helmet online without getting a chance to try it on first.

BTW Love the goggles.
You'll like it. I got mine from MC super store and it was a large.. so maybe I ordered the last one? LOL! Sorry if I did! haha..

But it takes some time getting used too. I wasn't to crazy about it at first since its so large looking, but it grows on you. Paired with the goggles, I think it looks much better. Its very comfy though. The lining inside doesn't make you THAT hot. But, living in south Florida, I still sweat in it.. oh well.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:26 PM
dortiz
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Without a doubt my favorite helmet.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:30 PM
F34R
Tourer

I love mine.. I'm digging those goggles in the OP, I might have to try 'em out. Mind giving your impressions on them?

Old 09-23-2011, 05:04 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

The RockHard is becoming my favorite helmet over time.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:48 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Well got home and the first thing I thought when I picked up the box was "Is there a helmet in this box???" It was that light. My head measured 23-1/4 so I ordered a large, think I should have got a medium instead. Think I'll go ahead and order the medium to compare the two then send back which ever one doesn't fit the best.

Anyway here are some pic's (excuse the crappy cell phone pic's)

And the Old School Goggle Pic

Heres a couple of the HD Stock 3/4 for comparison.

Once I get the medium I'll go ahead and put up some more pics (better pics)

Old 09-24-2011, 09:38 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by F34R
I love mine.. I'm digging those goggles in the OP, I might have to try 'em out. Mind giving your impressions on them?
Thanks man.

My impressions:

They look AWESOME. They are very comfortable. But I'm not to crazy about them. They block a lot of my side vision. Its strange. Just got back from riding with them at night, and all the street lights were glow-y looking with rings around. Hard to explain, but I wasn't to impressed with it. But they look cool! And only $20.

SciFiGuy: The helmet looks good man!

Old 09-24-2011, 11:28 PM
rlggray
Tourer

I love mine. Very nice helmet.

Attached Thumbnails Rockhard American classic - Pictures!-phone01-281.jpg  
Old 09-25-2011, 10:10 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by rlggray
I love mine. Very nice helmet.
Looks good man! Keep the pictures coming everyone! This would be a perfect thread for those doing the research we've all done.

Quick Reply: Rockhard American classic - Pictures!