General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's your Bike's Name?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011 | 05:17 PM
mavrickFLHR
Road Master

I never officially "named" any of my bikes, but my dresser.. just sort of became the "black pearl" mostly because of a friendly talk smack session between a friend and I over colors.. So for the last year or so.. my 2009 ultra has been "the pearl" or the "black pearl".. But.. two months ago, I officially renamed it the "problem child". Reason is.. since the 2 year warranty passed, I've had 3 lower end fluid leaks, two issues with the throttle by wire ( one that stranded me on the road ) a problem with "ghost" abs brake issue code, a problem with the starter switch and the connectors in the throttle assembly and a starter that flat out went bad. I have to say, my dealer was great and did everything he could do to cover the repairs and not pass it all on to me.. sadly this last thing with the starter and clutch assembly.. the bike is way too far out of warranty and with all they've done I honestly don't expect them to eat the cost like they've done with pretty much everything else HD wouldn't cover. So at the moment, I'm not very happy with Harley since it seems the minute I hit 25,000 miles and warranty period passed, it's been issue after issue.. I'm going to write to HD Customer Service just to respectfully express my disappointment.. I'm sure nothing will be done but.. hey, it'll make me feel better. In the mean time, I'll have to pony up the 1000 or so dollars it's gonna take to get everything fixed and get back on the road.. Sadly, I'm not currently in a position to sell or trade. Besides, as it is right now, I don't think I'd sleep well selling the bike to anyone in light of all this happening. Hopefully I'll be able to trade this thing and look at new bike before too long.. as it is.. I'll probably look at another dresser but.. if this keeps up.. who knows..

For what its worth, the three HD's we've previously owned did fine, and the two we currently own have been ok so far... but, they are both are still less than 2 years old and still under warranty.. I guess time will tell right? lol

Cheers

mavrick

Old 09-24-2011 | 07:39 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member

I call mine, Harley-Davidson. It doesn't respond to me calls or fetch yet, and it will leave a puddle in the garage if left alone for a long time.

Old 09-24-2011 | 07:54 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member

My Preeeciousssss

Old 09-24-2011 | 08:55 PM
Mikey 1450
Road Master

I have no name for my bike, but it is the ultimate "search engine"!

Old 09-24-2011 | 10:40 PM
Thatguy08
Cruiser

Jezebel. Not sure where it came from but it just fits.

Old 09-24-2011 | 10:41 PM
Druid
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mikey 1450
I have no name for my bike, but it is the ultimate "search engine"!
Nice way to put it!

Old 09-24-2011 | 11:09 PM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member

Softail Custom aka FXSTC

Old 09-24-2011 | 11:46 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"

Originally Posted by schumacher
that's a good one for your bike
Thank you, kind sir!

Old 09-24-2011 | 11:54 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"

Originally Posted by mavrickFLHR
I never officially "named" any of my bikes, but my dresser.. just sort of became the "black pearl" mostly because of a friendly talk smack session between a friend and I over colors.. So for the last year or so.. my 2009 ultra has been "the pearl" or the "black pearl".. But.. two months ago, I officially renamed it the "problem child". Reason is.. since the 2 year warranty passed, I've had 3 lower end fluid leaks, two issues with the throttle by wire ( one that stranded me on the road ) a problem with "ghost" abs brake issue code, a problem with the starter switch and the connectors in the throttle assembly and a starter that flat out went bad. I have to say, my dealer was great and did everything he could do to cover the repairs and not pass it all on to me.. sadly this last thing with the starter and clutch assembly.. the bike is way too far out of warranty and with all they've done I honestly don't expect them to eat the cost like they've done with pretty much everything else HD wouldn't cover. So at the moment, I'm not very happy with Harley since it seems the minute I hit 25,000 miles and warranty period passed, it's been issue after issue.. I'm going to write to HD Customer Service just to respectfully express my disappointment.. I'm sure nothing will be done but.. hey, it'll make me feel better. In the mean time, I'll have to pony up the 1000 or so dollars it's gonna take to get everything fixed and get back on the road.. Sadly, I'm not currently in a position to sell or trade. Besides, as it is right now, I don't think I'd sleep well selling the bike to anyone in light of all this happening. Hopefully I'll be able to trade this thing and look at new bike before too long.. as it is.. I'll probably look at another dresser but.. if this keeps up.. who knows..

For what its worth, the three HD's we've previously owned did fine, and the two we currently own have been ok so far... but, they are both are still less than 2 years old and still under warranty.. I guess time will tell right? lol

Cheers

mavrick
You DO know about "Lemon Laws"? If your ride has been breking down more than normal, you can get compensation.

Old 09-25-2011 | 12:18 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by TXCOMMISH
What's that I see?? 60+Gs on the odometer? TwiZted, don't you know that guys who actually ride their bikes, ending up with 60, 70, even 80Gs on the clock, risk being banned from the "Bar Hopper/Wild Hogs" sub-forum if that mileage info gets out!!!

P.S. Yes, I noticed the chick too. I'm not dead yet.
My bike has a habit of eating a speedo like clockwork between 70 -80,000 miles . That one is number six and I'm not counting the 5 years I didn't bother running one .

The old girl has been around the block a few times , my Bitch and I love it .

Quick Reply: What's your Bike's Name?