Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ask cages what they're thinkin'

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 11:59 AM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ask cages what they're thinkin'

How many of you have had somebody pull out in front of you?Probably everyone at some point or another.I have a trick that I have pulled before and I hope it makes them think next time.I had this woman pull out in front of me one day about 100 yards before a stoplight.At this stoplight the road expands into two lanes.Just so happens I got in the opposite lane as her right beside her and her window was down so I got her attention and asked"Did you not see me or did you just not care"? She had nothing to say but I hope nexttime she thinks about it.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:02 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Ask cages what they're thinkin'

It has been my personal experience that most people on the road are scared of "bikers." I have done that numerous time to no avail. I would personally rahter get an answer if I am to actually ask someone what the deal is...I know in Los Angeles most people are maybe even more scared because of the drive by shootings and such...Just my .02...

Old 11-22-2006, 12:04 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior

Yes they are but I am 6'1' 230# with a shaved head so I probably did intimidate her although I was not mean ,nasty ,or rude I just wanted to make her think nexttime.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
Location: Southern California High Desert, here and there....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More likely than not, she simply did not see you, or if she did, did not register you as a close bike. We are often not seen by drivers as odd as that may seem. Ride as if you are invisible and they are out to get you. Make yourself as impossible a target to hit as you can. Ride as if the default circumstance is that the car will pull out into your path at the worst possible moment and plan for it accordingly.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:07 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior

I always assume that they WILL pull in front of me.Sometimes a little too cautious I think but I'd rather be too cautious more often that not enough one time.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:07 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I think most drivers are just clueless as to what's going on around them. With more and
more of the "me first" attitude and the cell phones, it's only gotten worse. I can't count
how many times I've had people pull out right in front of me on my bike or in my truck.
And when I catch up to them they're almost always blabbing on the cell phone with the
"HUH?" look on their face.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:10 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are quite a few obliviots on the road. Most from their self-involved lifestyles. Gotta be first (even if they are slower than everyone else). Gotta have my own lane. Gotta make 4-lane changes to get to my exit. Gotta gab on the phone instead of paying attention to the road. Gotta play w/the kids in the back seat. Gotta put on makeup, drink coffee, eat, read the paper. Anything that makes me happy no matter who it imperils.

...I gotta reload my gun. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 11-22-2006, 12:11 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

While there is certainly an added risk to us on a bike. If you stop and think about it, you see alot of stupid stuff when you're driving your car too. It just doesn't have the same impact on you (pun not intended).

Old 11-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 8,394 Likes on 4,347 Posts

Many sleds have gone over to the dark side, too self-indulgent, as Grunt said. Face it... they aren't coming back. They are CLUELESS![&o]

Old 11-22-2006, 12:48 PM
geo361
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How bout trying this (not me of course)

http://www.pleaselooktwice.com/videos/56large.wmv

Quick Reply: Ask cages what they're thinkin'