General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my Harley, and happy about it! (well, trying to be...)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 06:30 AM
gus4440
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ZUTEDUFF
most of us have been in that situation before..After more kids and less money, sold my scoot and didn't get another for 29 years....well worth the wait.....
Not for me. That's 29 years lost you ain't getting back. I might not have a new $20K HD but I would be riding something. I believe in balence. Having a modest house and having some extra money is better than having the biggest house and no money left over.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:12 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 531 Likes on 368 Posts

Keep the bike,

You are going to definitely miss it

When I sold my bike, I didn't have any kids at the time and I did it the same reasons why you did it. Somehow spending time with my wife's family was more important than mine, so I barely rode the bike and decided to sell it to get out of debt.

I was riding before I met my wife, so I told her I'm getting wheter or not you like it or not. She couldn't stop me from what I like doing the most and she respected that.

3 years later (which is now) I have 2 kids one is 3 and the other is 4months. I bought the bike right before my son was born.

Our current situation now is a lot better than it was prior so that is why I got it. Even though I have a newborn to take care of, I still have my priorites. Sometimes I will go a few weeks without riding, but when I get the chance to ride, I go. Even if it's just for a few minutes or a few hours.

You can still have your cake and eat it too. You just have to know how to handle your situation and know what best fits you

Good Luck

Old 09-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Mr.Gone
Tourer
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I just went to Daves shows in long beach last sat. Lots of great info. Never give up my bikes though.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Biker90
Road Warrior
Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

I am in the same situation as the op. I live paycheck to paycheck. I filed for bankruptcy 6 years ago got rid of the bike and nice car. Got an old used car and a used metrick bike. Now 6 years later I'm still living paycheck to paycheck and very unhappy so I went out and financed a brand new 2011 Electra glide ultra limited. And life is good...
I am much less stressed much calmer with the wife and kids. And I put in a couple of hours overtime every week for the bike payment. There is just something about riding a Harley that a Suzuki couldn't give me.