General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me those Garage Pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rutland
Is that a 64 GTO tucked in there?
Looks like it, they changed over to the over and under headlights in 1965, I believe.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:36 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,552 Likes on 2,500 Posts

Holy Crapoly;after seeing those man-caves, I'm embarassed at my dinky little 2 car garage. But here it is. Especially nice there,cooler--although I gotta disagree with one thing--never tasted anything good out of a crock pot.

Attached Thumbnails Show me those Garage Pictures!-2whites.jpg   Show me those Garage Pictures!-07-rk-garage.jpg  
Old 09-23-2011, 12:06 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Holy Crapoly;after seeing those man-caves, I'm embarassed at my dinky little 2 car garage. But here it is. Especially nice there,cooler--although I gotta disagree with one thing--never tasted anything good out of a crock pot.
Nothing to be embarrassed of Dickey, those scoots are awesome!!!

Old 09-23-2011, 12:23 AM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 169 Likes on 110 Posts

Here's mine.

It's in work as we speak. Just finished painting the cabinets and installing the cabinet doors in the front tonight. Another 6 weeks or so and I should have it done.

Attached Thumbnails Show me those Garage Pictures!-garage-remodel-065.jpg   Show me those Garage Pictures!-garage-remodel-069.jpg  
Old 09-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 634 Likes on 394 Posts

Check out the big *** beer and tequila fridge in my garage. Nice, huh?

Old 09-23-2011, 10:50 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
Check out the big *** beer and tequila fridge in my garage. Nice, huh?

Is that an old pic or are you back to running Rineharts?

Old 09-23-2011, 10:57 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Thanks dickey. We enjoy it. The crock pots usually contain chili, rotell dip, buffalo chicken dip, baked beans, white beans, 15 bean soup, spinach dip etc! All of which are very good! Just kept warm in there not cooked. There have been some awesome meals had at the Hog House!

Old 09-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Jon 2005 Road King
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2black1s
Here's mine.

It's in work as we speak. Just finished painting the cabinets and installing the cabinet doors in the front tonight. Another 6 weeks or so and I should have it done.
Nice, simple. Same size as mine - and thinking along the same lines with the work bench/cabinets at the back. Dig that compressor cubby also - very neat.

Ah, hey, what kind of paint did you use on the concrete at the base of the walls? Same as the wall paint? I plan on epoxy coating the floor, but up in the air on what to do with the concrete pony wall (carry the epoxy up the pony wall or paint to match walls).

Last edited by Jon 2005 Road King; 09-23-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:26 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 169 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon 2005 Road King
Nice, simple. Same size as mine - and thinking along the same lines with the work bench/cabinets at the back. Dig that compressor cubby also - very neat.

Ah, hey, what kind of paint did you use on the concrete at the base of the walls? Same as the wall paint? I plan on epoxy coating the floor, but up in the air on what to do with the concrete pony wall (carry the epoxy up the pony wall or paint to match walls).
The paint on the concrete footer is the same latex satin finish black that I used on the trim. I did plaster the concrete footer with mortar and then a very thin finish coat of drywall mud to smooth it out for paint. It looks really good. In fact, I had one guy ask me what kind of wood it was and when I told him it was a concrete footer he was amazed.

Only the left side and the back wall are actually the concrete footer. I added the right side wall to make a little laundry room so the washer and dryer wouldn't be in my garage. I used a 1 x 12 trimmed to the same height as the footer for the base of the right wall. I had to sacrifice about 3 1/2 feet of garage width for the laundry room. It was worth it for me though. I never liked the idea of a washer and dryer in my garage.

And the compressor cubby that you mentioned is a fringe benefit of adding the laundry room. The depth of that cubby is equal to the width of the garage that I sacrificed.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 634 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by coolerman69
Is that an old pic or are you back to running Rineharts?
Good eye. It's an old pic.

Quick Reply: Show me those Garage Pictures!