General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod/MP3 intergration...and more..

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 05:26 PM
CadenceSound
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod/MP3 intergration...and more..

Hi guys! New to the forum and I must say love the way the threads are

Id like to hear some opinions from you guys on audio for bikes. Just looking to get some honest feedback from people who truly enjoy riding their motorcycles.

How do you prefer to listen to your mp3s on your bike?

Would a custom mount for your ipod be important to you?
Do you ever use your cell phone as an MP3 player?
How often, if at all do you use SD cards?

How many of your bikes have an AUX input, to connect your ipod or cell phone?

Would any of you consider an all in one system with speakers that have to be mounted onto your handle bars?

Do you prefer using wireless headphones while riding or just use the built on speakers?

Would you rather have your ipod in your pocket/jacket and have a separate controller for it, or would you prefer to have it mounted visibly.

Looking forward to all your responses!Thanks in advance!

Old 09-20-2011, 08:01 PM
FlamedFXR
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,672 Likes on 700 Posts

OK so what are you selling...........

Old 09-20-2011, 08:05 PM
MrMojo
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I never listen to music. I like not being plugged in, no music, no phone...... Just me and the bike.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:21 PM
02ULTRA
Road Captain

I love riding with music, after many years of using earbuds, on one bike and the installing a stereo in my Ultra that controls my Ipod, I finally found a great solution. About 3 months ago I bought a pair of Sena SMH10 bluetooth intercom systems, besides being very useful communicating with the wife during rides, we both bluetoth music in from either an Iphone or Ipod Touch. No wires, no problems.
I am now a dealer for the Sena Bluetooth products, they seem to be a great company.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:51 AM
CadenceSound
Stage II

Well we are not selling anything yet, we are trying to implement an external sound system that integrates with motorcycles soley for your ipod/mp3 player.

Just trying to get a feel for what motorcyclist find useful, and convenient to them.

So far most people have been saying they want wireless connectivity and do not care for extra speakers, or sd cards. I think we need to focus more on ipod integration.

More feedback welcome people, thanks for all the replies, keep them coming!

Old 09-21-2011, 10:03 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

I would never use earbuds or headphones for music as I feel it is a safety issue. That is one reason I have a batwing. I have the 7 1/4" J&M 3-way speakers. My ipod goes in the HD leather windshield box. I drilled a hole in it and siliconed the cable to the AUX IN on the stereo. The Scoche radio remote velcroed to the left handlebar gives me play/pause/track change and the bikes volume control controls....

Attached Thumbnails Ipod/MP3 intergration...and more..-stereo-001.jpg  
Old 09-21-2011, 10:09 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

So how do you delete a double post?

Last edited by DAVENRINO; 09-21-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:01 AM
golfmajic
Road Captain
Location: Ottawa, Canada, summer, Daytona Beach Florida, winter
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

From time to time I listen to my tunes but most of the time I like the sound of the bike and the road.
My set up is a Garmin 660 mounted to the left handle bar of my Street Glide using a RAM Mount. The 660 has a built in MP3 player using an SD Card. I have a 4 gig card with over 1000 tunes on it. I plug a cable between the earphone output of the Garmin to the Aux input of the bike Harmond Kardon and Bob's your uncle. You can't change songs using the handle bar controls but that has never been a big deal for me. It works, oh yes bonus the voice prompts from the GPS also come via the bike speakers.
Works for me!

Old 09-22-2011, 07:58 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by CadenceSound
Well we are not selling anything yet, we are trying to implement an external sound system that integrates with motorcycles soley for your ipod/mp3 player.

Just trying to get a feel for what motorcyclist find useful, and convenient to them.

So far most people have been saying they want wireless connectivity and do not care for extra speakers, or sd cards. I think we need to focus more on ipod integration.

More feedback welcome people, thanks for all the replies, keep them coming!
I find being able to hear ambient noise and things like emergency vehicles as helpful.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:17 AM
kzoo
Road Master

So flame me....I wear earbuds and use my cell phone and pandora. Stick the phone in my jacket pocket and away I go. Yeah, I can still hear traffic and sirens, there is a little thing called volume control..

Quick Reply: Ipod/MP3 intergration...and more..