General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What was the last nice thing you did for a stranger on a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A couple of months ago, whilst riding, I stopped and pushed a guy on his 80's Virago to get him started. It started and he drove it the last two miles to his home.

But, he was wearing shorts, sneakers and no helmet, so I berated him about that first before pushing him on his worn down Yamaha. As he rode out of sight I yelled the mantra "get a Harley". And he flipped me off. The sun was starting to set as I rode off for home, content that I had helped a fellow rider.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:37 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Artlee
A couple of months ago, whilst riding, I stopped and pushed a guy on his 80's Virago to get him started. It started and he drove it the last two miles to his home.

But, he was wearing shorts, sneakers and no helmet, so I berated him about that first before pushing him on his worn down Yamaha. As he rode out of sight I yelled the mantra "get a Harley". And he flipped me off. The sun was starting to set as I rode off for home, content that I had helped a fellow rider.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:39 AM
mech8251
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Push start on an older Super Glide at the bar on Sunday

Old 09-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

-------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-03-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:19 AM
RoadKing_Bob
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I remember about two years ago I was pulling into a Home Depot and as I'm pulling in I noticed there was this guy sitting next to his bike (in a parking lot off to the side of the main drive) which was a Kaw (the six cylinder one) and for some reason I thought to myself that thats an odd place to work on your bike (yeah another brain dead moment) so I park my car which just happens to be facing the direction of this guy, and he's waving at me to come over, so I run over and find out he skid-out on some gravel and went down but he can't pick up his bike because he has one mechanical leg and cannot put that kind of weight on it, so I upright his bike for him and make sure it fires since it was sitting on it's side for some time, and he gets on and takes off.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:57 AM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Me and wife were riding north on sr 17 north of Pierson and saw an older couple sitting in the shade next to a motorcycle. Did a quick U turn and waited with them for the tow truck. They were on an older Yamaha with on going electrical problems. Nice people and appreciated the company.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Salchicha
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was riding home on a Sunday and saw a bike on the side of the road in the opposite lane of travel. I shot him a thumbs up and he returned a thumbs down. I turned around and stopped and he had a flat tire. I asked him about AAA or HOG membership and he said AAA was sending a wrecker. Cool. I ask him if he wants some bottled water or something while he waits and he declines. I didn't want to leave before the wrecker got there so we talk bikes for a bit until I see a Sheriff's cruiser is coming down the road in the distance. He looks at them and says "I think they are here for me". Now, I was a police officer for 14 years. When a guy sees a patrol car and says "I think they are here for me" that sparks my interest. As the squad got closer he said "Yep, they are here for me" to which I responded, "Do you have papers out on you?" and he laughed. I was a little nervous as I didn't want to get caught up in a wrong place, wrong time situation. As the squad drew closer it slowed and... the guy with the flat tire was the District Commander for the Sheriff's office and his guys were checking on him. I figured he was in safe hands so I said my goodbyes and went home.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:10 PM
moemorrison
Intermediate

While I was at the Wharf Rat Rally in Digby Nova Scotia during the labour day weekend, I took part in some of the demo rides for the 2012 Harleys, in between rides there was a young fella trying to attach his fairly large pack pack to a tiny little luggage rack he had on his Dyna with no success, took a few bungie cords I had in my tour pack and gave them to him so he could get on his way, said thanks and shook my hand and away he went, then I went on a couple of more rides and headed back to my motel.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:18 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,661 Likes on 2,538 Posts

I don't remember.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:22 PM
BigAlsRK
Road Master

Guy and his wife sitting on the side of the road on a Wide Glide, stopped to help, couldn't get the bike to do squat (stator), was close to the house (10 miles) rode my scoot home and got my trailer and took them home about 50 miles. He tried to pay me but I wouldn't take it....just told him to Pay it Forward. I hear from him every once in a while.

Quick Reply: What was the last nice thing you did for a stranger on a bike?