General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What was the last nice thing you did for a stranger on a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 07:39 AM
KSRoadKing
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by osirisdean
i have a great (imo) story:

a few years ago i was passing through a green light and someone (trailering a motorcycle, ironically) turned left in front of me, made me crash (i hit the tail of his trailer, despite best efforts to slow & swerve), and then FLED THE SCENE. a fellow motorcyclist who saw it all happen came to check on me, then said i'll go get that @hole... and he did! he chased the guy down, parked in front of his truck, and told him to go back to the scene of the accident. turns out he didnt have insurance (hence the hit & run) and had a laundry list of other violations, so i took him to court and got my restitution. none of that wouldve been possible had the other biker chased after him, and i was (and am) very grateful.

fast forward a couple years.

i see a biker on the side of the road, so i pull over in my truck and ask whats up. guy is just out of gas, has some at home a few miles away. i offer to bring him to his place and back, he accepts, and we get to talking and he seems really familiar. turns out it's the same guy who chased after mister hit-and-run!

now, i dont personally believe in karma, but i do like to "pay things forward". in this case, though, i got to repay kindness directly to the person who was nice to me. pretty awesome feeling!
Dude - That is awesome.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:44 AM
twistr
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramona
Hope 'twistr' sees this thread......
yes I see it and laughing at your comment...

For the record when it looks like someone may be stuck on the road I do pull over and ask if they need assistance, regardless of what type of bike they're riding, clothes they're wearing, or how they're wearing their helmet...

Just last week I stopped for someone and they said they were okay...for me it seems that 99% of the time they tell me they're okay or they have someone already coming, but I ALWAYS ASK.

Originally Posted by jo_mama
i beat some sense into him.
Don't know what this comment is about...but if it makes you feel better to type it, then it's okay

Old 09-20-2011, 07:53 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by osirisdean
i have a great (imo) story:

a few years ago i was passing through a green light and someone (trailering a motorcycle, ironically) turned left in front of me, made me crash (i hit the tail of his trailer, despite best efforts to slow & swerve), and then FLED THE SCENE. a fellow motorcyclist who saw it all happen came to check on me, then said i'll go get that @hole... and he did! he chased the guy down, parked in front of his truck, and told him to go back to the scene of the accident. turns out he didnt have insurance (hence the hit & run) and had a laundry list of other violations, so i took him to court and got my restitution. none of that wouldve been possible had the other biker chased after him, and i was (and am) very grateful.

fast forward a couple years.

i see a biker on the side of the road, so i pull over in my truck and ask whats up. guy is just out of gas, has some at home a few miles away. i offer to bring him to his place and back, he accepts, and we get to talking and he seems really familiar. turns out it's the same guy who chased after mister hit-and-run!

now, i dont personally believe in karma, but i do like to "pay things forward". in this case, though, i got to repay kindness directly to the person who was nice to me. pretty awesome feeling!
That's a helluva story there. Funny how things like that happen.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:59 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I told a Harley rider that his helmet was on backward once, and was even kind enough to go to Goodwill and buy him some used biker rags. Way to go, me!

Old 09-20-2011, 08:10 AM
dwyleecoyote
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Couple years back came upon a nice custom sporty sitting along the turnpike that died and wouldn't start back up- plenty of battery. He was on his way to Sturgis from New York. He thought his petcock was bad because it kept vibrating to an off position anyway. A turnpike worker also stopped, and he had a board that was just barely long enough for the 3 of us to wrestle the bike into the back of my Ranger shortbed- good thing it was only a sporty... Anyway, hauled him to my local HD, and dropped it off, and he stayed at the hotel across the street. Checked with HD in the morning- They had fixed the petcock, and put a new ignition coil on it, and he was gone.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Very High Plain Drifter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I once advised a newbie on this site which model of pipes might sound good on his new bike.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:20 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good stories guys. I don't really see broken down bikes here in NE Ohio-I guess they all run good LOL! Last nice thing I did for a biker was well him his metric bike looked nice LOL!

Old 09-20-2011, 09:38 AM
BikerV
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got so tired of putting in and taking out the wheel chock im my pick-up truck that I just decided to leave it in. I was always driving somewhere to pick up someones bike to work on. I also leave the wooden 2X8 in the back as a ramp. A few months ago I stopped for a guy who was on the side of the road with his seat off. He had a Softail, quit while riding. no lights or anything. Having owned a few Softails I told him to take the dash off and have a peek at the ignition switch. It was burned up and the plastic housing holding the terminals was melted. So we threw the bike in the truck and I dropped him off the next town over where he lived. He wanted to pay me but I wouldn't take money from him. There is a big local biker bar nearby that I go to occasionally, I told him he could buy me a beer next time he sees me there.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:54 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last time was I stopped for broken down HD on side of the road. Turned out to be something we could fix.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:14 AM
MrMojo
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

"now, i dont personally believe in karma, but i do like to "pay things forward". in this case, though, i got to repay kindness directly to the person who was nice to me. pretty awesome feeling! [/quote]"

Great story osirisdean!

Last edited by MrMojo; 09-20-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: added quote

Quick Reply: What was the last nice thing you did for a stranger on a bike?