General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What was the last nice thing you did for a stranger on a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Remembered another one - saw a guy sitting beside an old Beemer on the shoulder, so stopped, but he said no problem, just rings and gaskets, have the parts and tools, happens sometimes on long trips, done it before. Can you imagine even pulling the head off a Harley (he had the whole cylinder off) beside the road?

The incredibly gorgeous girl that was not quite fully dressed and out of gas on an Arizona desert back road was a good one, but she was driving a cage...

Old 12-13-2011, 06:11 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"What was the last nice thing you did for a stranger on a bike?"

Took her home.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Danofxdx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BH before Harley I was on my 20 year old rice rocket in heavy traffic on I95 and this guy passes me in one big hurry and is splitting lanes. I caught up to him in a couple of miles up the road, his rear master cylinder had messed up and locked up his rear wheel, he did not go down but was trying to drag his bike out of traffic, I stopped and gave him a hand and then I loosened his bleed screw on his rear caliper and warned him that he had no rear brakes, he said something about his father dying and he was trying to get to PBIA to catch a flight? Hope he made it!

Old 12-13-2011, 11:54 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah I saw a Honda where the shaft got all jacked up and locked his wheel. I helped him push it off the road and offered to go get my trailer since I lived maybe 5 mins away, but he said he already had someone coming

Old 12-13-2011, 11:55 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Anybody notice how most of these stories involve a Honda??

Old 12-14-2011, 06:14 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

Was riding last summer came on a guy on a Honda that was out of gas. I ran home grabbed a gas can went and got it filled and took it to him. I told him to just pay it forward.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:31 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,550 Likes on 22,688 Posts

Generally if I see bikers on the side of the road, I will slow down and ask them if they are alright, and if I see that they have an obvious break down I will stop and see if I can be of assistance. I would hope that this would be reciprocal, ya never know, it might be a karmic bank thing.. At least it never hurts I don't think..and would hope.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:16 AM
kzoo
Road Master

Another...not involving bikes, but worth a chuckle.

We had a snow storm up here last winter, slide offs everywhere. On my way to work after it had let up about 2 hrs later, I see a bud of mine in his truck just pulled off onto the shoulder, not stuck just broke down. Stopped and he said he had a wrecker coming and he was going to wait for the tow. By now it was about noon, so when I got off the highway I stopped at the local Pizza place and had them deliver a Pizza to his broken down vehicle!! We still laugh about that!

Old 12-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Vikingur
Tourer

There's a nice twisty stretch of AL HWY I take sometimes on my way home from work. This was right before DST, and the HWY runs E-W, so the sun makes it fun for you going westbound. It has lots of hills and is densely wooded. Right at sunset, down in this little draw, there was a dark-colored dog in the opposite lane of traffic hanging out in the shadows. As soon as I passed it, a cager flew over the top of the hill going the opposite way, so I waved and made him slow down - I'm sure he had no idea why, but I saw him brake pretty quick at the bottom of the hill in my mirror and avoid the dog. I don't know if the story fits the thread, but I didn't know the dog...

Old 12-14-2011, 06:43 PM
TheSinistral
Tourer

November 4th (night before deer gun season started) I was on the way to the deer lease in the Jeep and saw a guy on opposite side shoulder sitting on bike with the headlight on. Whipped a U and stopped. I didn't get closer than about 30 yards before he said several times... "I'M ALRIGHT! I'M ALRIGHT! I'M ALRIGHT!!" Methinks he had one grain soda too many....

So I hopped back in, whipped another U and hit the road.....