General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What was the last nice thing you did for a stranger on a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 11:43 AM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bout a year ago, I stopped for this guy who threw a belt off of his custom chopper, (note belt hanging on handlebar.) I offered to take his awesomely chesty wife to the local motel to wait for him, but, he declined.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:47 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TXCOMMISH
Bout a year ago, I stopped for this guy who threw a belt off of his custom chopper, (note belt hanging on handlebar.) I offered to take his awesomely chesty wife to the local motel to wait for him, but, he declined.

that sucks

Old 12-12-2011, 11:55 AM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

sold a quart of fuel to a yuppy with his chick on a softail for 10 bucks
they said thanx ...
nice? IDK
they were happy to be on the road again
I always stop for bikes. I almost always have tools and fuel.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:58 PM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I documented this in a post not too long ago but, I'll relate it again.

I was out for a ride on the bike and was about 20 miles from the house. I was about 5 miles from the furthest point away from home my loop was going to take me.

I passed a guy and his lady who were riding on their way back home. She had lost control and ended up in the ditch. Her bike was pretty banged up but could probably have still been ridden. She, on the other hand, was in no condition to ride.

So, I offered to go back to the house, get my trailer, and haul her bike back to their home (about 50 miles total away from my house). I went to the house and tried to crank the truck. The battery was dead. Once I got it cranked and got the trailer hooked up, I noticed the tank was empty so I had to stop and get gas on the way back to them.

Once I finally got back to them, we loaded her bike up, put her in the cab of the truck, and her husband followed us to their house on his bike. They were very grateful. They offered me gas money but I refused to accept it. I figured they'd already had a bad enough day. Yes, it was a lot of trouble, but after the fact I felt good about it. The whole time I just kept thinking how I would want someone to stop and help me if I was in trouble.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 667 Likes on 414 Posts

Offered tools, a garage and assistance to three riders at roadside a few blocks from my home. They declined but thanked me for stopping.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Without supply pics of wife, that's just not cool. Make believe. Urban legend. LOL!

Old 12-12-2011, 09:16 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Without supply pics of wife, that's just not cool. Make believe. Urban legend. LOL!
I would have taken lots of photies of his wife. But, look at the dude! I mean, seriously, would you have chanced taking pics of her most awesome chest with him standing right there?

Old 12-13-2011, 06:00 AM
eddie eggs
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couple of weeks ago I pulled over for a guy on a Gold Wing to see if he needed help. He was just putting chaps on. A week before that I pulled over for a couple on a trike but they were just waiting for the rest of their group to show up. Maybe I just don't look too mechanically inclined...

Old 12-13-2011, 10:55 AM
kzoo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this a few weeks ago, but the latest was stopping (i had my cage) for a sport bike rider from the neighborhood that had put it down on the highway right in front of me when he hit a patch of ice (hence,,,,why I had the cage) Tossed my blanked on him and called the meat wagon....turns out he is ok, bike is not!

Old 12-13-2011, 11:22 AM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
I waved at a guy.
Can't top that. Here's our peace prize winner!

I would have taken lots of photies of his wife. But, look at the dude! I mean, seriously, would you have chanced taking pics of her most awesome chest with him standing right there?
Looks like he has his back turned...prime opportunity.

Quick Reply: What was the last nice thing you did for a stranger on a bike?