General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quiet Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011 | 07:08 PM
jarhead59
|
Tourer
Default Quiet Pipes

As I drove my truck to the Depot today on two separate occasions I passed HD's going in the oppisite direction. In both instances I turned down the radio and rolled down the window to take in the thunder. Disappointment both times, both bikes were almost silent. WTF. If you're going to run silent, you need to sell your bike to a girl so she can make the mods to make it a real motorcycle. This is not a rant to promote loud pipes, but for christ sakes a Harley ought to make a little noise.

Old 09-18-2011 | 07:18 PM
85RoadsterXLS
Road Master

Originally Posted by jarhead59
As I drove my truck to the Depot today on two separate occasions I passed HD's going in the oppisite direction. In both instances I turned down the radio and rolled down the window to take in the thunder. Disappointment both times, both bikes were almost silent. WTF. If you're going to run silent, you need to sell your bike to a girl so she can make the mods to make it a real motorcycle. This is not a rant to promote loud pipes, but for christ sakes a Harley ought to make a little noise.
Prepare to get flamed on this subject. LOL. To each their own, but I agree a Harley just does not sound like a Harley unless it makes at least some noise (rumble). When I bought mine from my brother-in-law, it had stock, very quiet pipes. I modified them to make it sound, IMHO, like a Harley. I let him listen to it the other day and he agreed it does sound better. I am not into pipes that are extremely loud, but there again, to each their own.

Old 09-18-2011 | 07:20 PM
JDB
Cruiser

I run stock pipes on mine and until you pay the payments then it is none of your business how it sounds. Maybe you should worry more about yourself and not so much about other people.

Old 09-18-2011 | 07:23 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Old 09-18-2011 | 07:24 PM
85RoadsterXLS
Road Master

Told you, here it comes....

Old 09-18-2011 | 07:29 PM
SurfGuitar141
Tourer

You have woken the sleeping trolls, be prepared to suffer their wrath......

As for me.....

Old 09-18-2011 | 07:32 PM
bikenut1957
Seasoned HDF Member

Look at it this way...Pipes are like a woman making love some are loud and fast, some are quiet and slow, Some are shinny with alot of bling, some are dull and flat and some feel just right. Ya' dig?

Old 09-18-2011 | 07:36 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jarhead59
Did you get your Hulk Hogan doll?

Old 09-18-2011 | 07:41 PM
Big Jim Daddy
Cruiser

Why do you give a flying flip what my bike sounds like?

Go start your bike and blip the throttle a few times if you want to hear a loud Harley and quit worrying about others taste.

Old 09-18-2011 | 07:47 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member

Opinions are like azzholes, everybody has one and some of them really stink. To each his own. Some like loud, some like quiet, just like some drive ford and some chevy. Now lay off the caffeine and calm down. Don't worry what others have or don't have unless you own the bike they are riding. It's just personal taste dude.

Quick Reply: Quiet Pipes