General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quiet Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011 | 10:21 PM
babyray
Tourer

Originally Posted by JDB
I run stock pipes on mine and until you pay the payments then it is none of your business how it sounds. Maybe you should worry more about yourself and not so much about other people.
This statement is the perfect example of the pussification of the new age Harley rider. What's the world coming to.

Old 09-18-2011 | 10:24 PM
BeeRAD56
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jarhead59
you need to sell your bike to a girl so she can make the mods to make it a real motorcycle.
Mine's for sale girlie man, you buyin?

Old 09-18-2011 | 10:26 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by HarleyRanger
That's why I wear fingerless gloves.

Good thing they don't make 12 speeds!!

Old 09-18-2011 | 10:27 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Good thing they don't make 12 speeds!!
I'd have to wear flip flops then!

Old 09-18-2011 | 10:52 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

I have one of every family that HD sells plus a Buell Ulysses. All have stock pipes. I think the stock Ultra and Road Glide are way too loud with stock pipes. When one rides many thousands of miles touring each year, loud pipes suck. They are just for showing off going to a bar.

Do what you want with yours but STFU about other owners pipes poser.

Old 09-18-2011 | 11:24 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

God;whatta buncha women. Guy was only sayin' he was disappointed there was no thunder;wasn't tryin' to tell the guy what kinda pipes to run. You gonna ride the Big Iron,you gotta have the sound. You want quiet pipes;nuttin' wrong with that. I don't fault anyone for quiet pipes;hell I got stock on my RK, and I would keep 'em except the bike's gonna get race-tuned next week 'cause it's runnin' too hot.
But don't blame the guy for likin' loud pipes--hell, I turn down the radio & open the window when a Harley is passin' me so I can enjoy the thunder. And **** on whether John Q. Fogey doesn't like my pipes. it's a loud world. DEAL WITH IT!! if I gotta listen to people's barkin' *** dogs,listen to their screamin' brats in restaurants,rap crap from boom box cars, airplanes,trucks,sirens;crappy-*** music of today;you name it, then they can listen to a few seconds of loud pipes passin' by. There A'INT TOO MUCH left in life to enjoy anymore, so if someone likes the sound of a set of Rineharts (like my GFs earwax crystallizers on her RK) I say let 'em have it. The bike's gone in a couple seconds anyway. But people's brats scream through my entire meal sometimes. Bottom line--you like 'em quiet,some like 'em loud. Don't like 'em loud? Move to Death Valley.

Remember that aging Harley demographic? I'm sure a lot of riders can't hear their pipes as well at their advancing age. I got stockers on my RK, and I can't tell what gear I'm in except for the fact that my sled has a tach. Hell, I can't even hear my 5th gear whine, so I don't even know if it's there.

I'm in a rare good mood tonight, so don't **** Dickey off. Otherwise, I'll hafta take it out on the GF by withholding sex!

And I agree with babyray---Today's breed of Harley rider really needs to biker-up. There is very little righteousness anymore.

Last edited by dickey; 09-18-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-18-2011 | 11:31 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member

LMAO

Old 09-18-2011 | 11:43 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

I've never run loud pipes on my bikes. Cycle Shacks and then Python 3s on my FXSTC. SE slipons on my FXCWC.

"pussification" is fear of being different than everyone else and playing it safe by doing what they do so you can feel as manly as you think they are.

Old 09-18-2011 | 11:53 PM
LAMing
Road Master

...but riding at 50-55 I can't tell whether I'm in 4th or 5th gear.
Simple: If uncertain, make an upshift. If the shifter hits the stop, you're in top gear... if it clicks up to another gear... you were in 4th.

kowan: Nice looking Rocker.

Old 09-19-2011 | 08:24 AM
Jim Kraft
Outstanding HDF Member

I put some baffles in my drag pipes one day, and my wife came out and said, "what did you do to your Harley, it doesn't sound like a Harley any more". I took them out cause she was right.

Quick Reply: Quiet Pipes