General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just askin bout leather

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 04:27 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought 2 leather jackets from jaminleather.com. They are very good quality and the customer service is tops. I had to return my wifes for a different size and had no hassles.

I would put my 100 jacket against any harley jacket for any price. Top grade leather.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Trouble57
Anybody got any ideas on where we can get some decent leather jackets that we don't have to take a mortgage out on the house and the bike to pay for?? Any and all help appreciated.

Real easy...do a search of your local area for a mpotorcycle apparel shop. Almost everryone I have found sells Leathers WAY below HD prices.

My favorite jacket was purchased from a small local shop, bought the matching chaps with iot and spent less than 300.00 total. This is a Warm jacket with removable liner that has kept me warm down into the low 30,s

Old 09-15-2011, 06:01 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If you order from Leatherup be wary of their weird sizes. I got a 2x leather jacket from them (when I was larger and wore a 2X) and it was too small. So I sent it back for a 3X and it fit a little better but the damn sleeves were way too long. The leather was nice and heavy but the sizes were way off.
I'll never order another jacket online.

I have a Hot Leathers jacket now and it is actually pretty damn good for $100. I'm not the type to spend much on clothes so yea I'm happy with it.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:17 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You get what you pay for, simple as that. Jackets like Schott, Vanson, fox creek, and Langlitz are going to get you a jacket you can wear for life.

I just bought this jacket, I saved money and sold my Vanson for a good price, and I got to say it's a nice jacket.

http://www.legendaryusa.com/Thorough...et-p/6045h.htm

Schott makes these jackets and I'm hoping I can wear it for life and it keeps Americans at work so the added expense is worth it to me, I'm far from rich too.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:19 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

If it's cheap you want,buy at a rally or try Hotleathers.com.

I paid $350 plus for mine probly 7 years ago,well worth the money.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:23 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
If you order from Leatherup be wary of their weird sizes.
I tried leatherup three times once for a jacket, once for over pants and I'm waiting for a pair of full leather pants for the winter. The jacket went back because the fit was way off, the over pants were way big and ripped right away. Hopefully these pants are even close because I haven't been able to figure out their sizing.

I typically buy American but for a pair of leather pants I'll wear like ten times a year I can't spend $500 on a pair of pants. I think leatherup was selling the pair I got for like $70, I had to take a shot.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Ken Baer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LeatherUp.com. I bought a classic biker jacket and absolutely love it. Great prices, great selection, and great service.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a look at leatherup.com

Old 09-15-2011, 08:57 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
I tried leatherup three times once for a jacket, once for over pants and I'm waiting for a pair of full leather pants for the winter. The jacket went back because the fit was way off, the over pants were way big and ripped right away. Hopefully these pants are even close because I haven't been able to figure out their sizing.

I typically buy American but for a pair of leather pants I'll wear like ten times a year I can't spend $500 on a pair of pants. I think leatherup was selling the pair I got for like $70, I had to take a shot.
I have purchased many items from LeatherUp including jackets, helmets, vest, gloves, boots, and overpants...the only sizing issue to remember is to order jackets and vests 2X larger than normal. For everything else, order your normal size. As far as overpants, you want to order one size larger than your jeans because, well, you're wearing them over your jeans so that only makes sense. You then trim the bottoms to size like with most chaps.

I can't imagine how the heck you ripped your overpants. If they are the ones I bought, those things have the thickest leather of any garment I have ever seen. Stitching appears to be excellent too.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:15 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CaptJIM
I can't imagine how the heck you ripped your overpants. If they are the ones I bought, those things have the thickest leather of any garment I have ever seen. Stitching appears to be excellent too.
I used their sizing guidelines and measurements and so far they have never been right for anything I've ordered. For the pants I have a 34-36 inch waist but 28 inch thighs so I ordered 40's (right on their sizing guidelines) if they don't fir WTF??? I'm literally measuring with a cloth tape measure and nothing ever seems to work right.

the overpants were terrible ripped right in the crotch on first wear, went right back.

Quick Reply: Just askin bout leather