General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Milwaukee Crazy Horse Leather Jacket - My Review-Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Woollymonster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some leathers that keep the jobs in the USA:

http://www.legendaryusa.com/

I bought a vest from them a couple of months ago and its first rate all the way. Best I have owned. I will be buying a jacket as it cools off more. More money but hey, that employee may buy your next used bike!

Buy the way, if you don't buy HD apparel and aftermarket parts, there will be less stuff on your bike made in China and elsewhere.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:50 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,535 Likes on 930 Posts

I have their vintage vest & it is top quality. Great vest.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:55 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by F34R
Dyna, can you post a few pics of you sitting in a riding position, and just casually sitting please?
Here you go.

If the jacket looks slightly different, it's because I darkened the worn edges. It still has a distressed look, the contrast between the worn out edges and the rest of the jacket is just not as much as it was. I think it looks better.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:13 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CaptJIM
Here ya go... http://www.farmandfleet.com/products...s%2fjackets%2f

I am thinking that the armor info has to be a mistake. I'll try and stop in over the weekend to check it out.
Thanks for the link. I took a look at the crazy horse jacket on there and noticed a slight difference between that one and mine. If you look closely at the photo on the website, you'll see some raised lettering above the left chest zipper. Mine doesn't have that. This makes me think that it's a different version of my jacket, and perhaps it does have body armor.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:14 PM
F34R
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dyna, thanks for the time and effort you put into the thread. Thanks for the pics. I thin I'm going to go with this and a Fox Creek... appreciate your time.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:35 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by F34R
Dyna, thanks for the time and effort you put into the thread. Thanks for the pics. I thin I'm going to go with this and a Fox Creek... appreciate your time.
No problem. I think you'll love the jacket, and if you're about my size a medium should be a perfect fit. You'll love the FoX Creek too, and the people are great. I'm lucky enough to live only 90 miles from their store and was able to ride up for mine. Still think the Milwaukee will be a better fit though. LOL Let us know after you get them. Enjoy!!

Old 09-17-2011, 03:03 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DYNAmiteBuzz
Thanks for the link. I took a look at the crazy horse jacket on there and noticed a slight difference between that one and mine. If you look closely at the photo on the website, you'll see some raised lettering above the left chest zipper. Mine doesn't have that. This makes me think that it's a different version of my jacket, and perhaps it does have body armor.
I just came from Farm & Fleet and checked out the crazy horse jacket in 2XL...here are my comments:
  • One of the nicest looking jackets I have ever seen.
  • Very thick and soft leather - really outstanding.
  • It does NOT have any body armor as mistakenly listed on their web site.
  • It does NOT have the raised "Milwaukee" lettering above the left chest zipper or anywhere on the front.
  • The sizing is way off. I normally wear a 2XL and I could barely get this 2XL on. Couldn't even come close to zipping it, and I don't have a gut.
  • I would go two sizes up if I was buying one (I am 6'2" 250#.)
  • Even though this one was way small for me, I could tell that it would have a really nice fit if it was my size.
  • Very sharp looking marroonish vintage looking liner.
  • But here is the deal killer for me...the sleeves are way too long for me. Even on the much too small 2XL the sleeves were an inch or two too long. I think I have average length arms also.
    • I would buy this jacket if it weren't for the sleeve length problem for me.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:20 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like to earn the distressed look over the course of a decade or two. I even take care of my items so that they don't look distressed for a long time.

different philosophy.

here in upstate NY I just about put the leather jacket away and broke out the heavy winter textile this week anyway. it was 40 degrees when I left the house this morning...

Old 09-18-2011, 12:05 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CaptJIM
I just came from Farm & Fleet and checked out the crazy horse jacket in 2XL...here are my comments:
  • One of the nicest looking jackets I have ever seen.
  • Very thick and soft leather - really outstanding.
  • It does NOT have any body armor as mistakenly listed on their web site.
  • It does NOT have the raised "Milwaukee" lettering above the left chest zipper or anywhere on the front.
  • The sizing is way off. I normally wear a 2XL and I could barely get this 2XL on. Couldn't even come close to zipping it, and I don't have a gut.
  • I would go two sizes up if I was buying one (I am 6'2" 250#.)
  • Even though this one was way small for me, I could tell that it would have a really nice fit if it was my size.
  • Very sharp looking marroonish vintage looking liner.
  • But here is the deal killer for me...the sleeves are way too long for me. Even on the much too small 2XL the sleeves were an inch or two too long. I think I have average length arms also.
    • I would buy this jacket if it weren't for the sleeve length problem for me.
I'm surprised about the sleeve length and the "way off" sizing. I wear a medium in shirts and other jackets, the and medium fit me perfect.

You comment does explain a PM I received from a forum member who mentioned something about shortening the sleeve length.

That's too bad about the fit. Good thing you have the luxury of having a store nearby to try them on. Just curious, what jacket(s) do you have now, and what others have you had in the past that fit?

Old 09-18-2011, 07:17 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, have you had a chance to really ride much wearing the jacket? I looked at the pictures of you in it, and it seems way too long in the torso for you. Maybe it doesn't bother you, but jackets I tried on that fit like that in the torso for me either folded up into a big sumulated pot belly, or jutted up into my neck when I was on the bike. Are you having any of those issues? I ended up with a jacket that fits correctly when I'm on the bike, but looks ridiculously short when I'm walking around in it.

Last edited by GeorgiaGirl; 09-23-2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: political

Quick Reply: Milwaukee Crazy Horse Leather Jacket - My Review-Pics