Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bright Ass Light Backlash???

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:46 AM
sullyboo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has been on the bike two years now, I do not hear any complaints. It is bright but I have not seen cars give me anymore room when stopped.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:49 AM
JollyRogers
Road Master

Yep, running mine for 2 years now. No problems. Run mine on medium and brake is the flash 6 times then steady BRIGHT.

I had a LEO come up to me and ask me where he can get one! I thought I was fixin to get a ticket, but instead got a compliment...

Old 09-14-2011, 07:01 AM
wraplock
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had mine about a year with no complaints from anyone. BTW...yesterday I was stuck behind a UPS truck here in NY and they run a similar brake light configuration with 4 very bright Flashing LED type brake lights. So I don't think there will be any problems with LEOs

Old 09-14-2011, 07:03 AM
golfmajic
Road Captain
Location: Ottawa, Canada, summer, Daytona Beach Florida, winter
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Had mine for about 2 years, on bright all the time, flash to steady on brake cycle. If I am stopped and see a vehicle approaching from behind I often flash it a couple of times as an attention grabber, never had a complaint and I feel much safer for having the BAL.
I did have one fellow come up beside me and say he thought I might be a COP, what do you know, its all good.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:03 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I suppose it also depends on where you are driving, I think in NYC or Long Island it would probably get you killed, people would take it as a personal slight and attempt to kill you over it.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:08 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I have the HD LED's on my bike and do get the occasional person who flashes thier brights at me. Not many more than I did with my old bike without the lights in it though. The difference for me is huge. The lights are definitely worth it.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:44 AM
BlackeyCoveR
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DOMAPOI
Why pay so much? You can go to eBay
http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_kw...d=320665308605
I have seen BAL and other LED's. BAL's can get as bright and intense as a Police light. You know them when you see them. LED's are bright but not as intense. I think it's the BAL's intensity that really grabs your attention. BAL's are expensive (about $200). These eBay LED's look like a cost effective option but want to point out these are listed on eBay under Asian parts for those who'd prefer parts made in the USA. I plan to buy the BAL's.

Last edited by BlackeyCoveR; 09-14-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:59 AM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very bright. I've had the 12 LED BAL-2 light for 6 or so months now.
No complaints from cars or LEO's so far. I have it on medium intensity and flash several times before going steady.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:14 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts
Angry

Got one on my Ultra but the other morning while in traffic a woman rear ended me.Her excuse:I didn't see you!Thank God she only slightly damaged my left muffler.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:44 AM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sullyboo
Mine has been on the bike two years now, I do not hear any complaints. It is bright but I have not seen cars give me anymore room when stopped.

I guess maybe its different driving habits in different parts of the country.

I have had my BAL-1 for about a year now and have it set to strobe then steady max brightness.

One of the first things I noticed was that people would stop further back than before.

Granted you still get the occasional azz that wants to park on your rear fender. But even a laser wouldn't stop them all from doing it.

I have only had compliments on the BAL-1, it's not pissed anybody off that I know of.

Last edited by 2004Sierra; 09-14-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Bright Ass Light Backlash???