General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped my Bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 02:51 PM
webbed
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped my Bike

Dropped my WG yesterday morning while making a u-turn with some gravel on the road. Had my feet down taking it easy as I had my wife on the back. My left leg got caught under the Kury adjustable passanger peg and couldnt get it out before it drug me off the bike! One good thing about that adj peg is it kept the chain case off the ground, but Im going to see about some thing different. Ive barked my shins on the darn thing too many times. Wife left me an e-mail this a/m that she felt ok so went on into work. Im stiff and sore in places I didnt think could hurt this much! HaHa! Didnt see any damage to the bike yesterday and it ran fine for the rest of the day. Havent been out to look it over today yet. The linbar worked great also, so it probably has some scars too. We had a bunch of friends along with us that got the bike picked up off me while I was still cursing and my wife was looking at me kind of funny like as we still had our helmet radio connected. I was holding her up with my right hand and still had the clutch pulled in with my left not realising that the motor had cut off! Heh, felt like such an idiot! Got on to start the bike and the digital readout had "tilt" showing! DUH! Sorry for such a long spiel but just wanted to get it out. Thanks, Ed

Old 11-20-2006, 02:58 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts
Default RE: Dropped my Bike

Its not if it will happen,but when.The majority of readers here have dropped their bike at one time or another.Glad you and your wife are OK and no damage to the bike.Your pride will heal.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:00 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well that sucks. Now you're one of us.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad you and the wife are OK.

I've dropped some of my other bikes but never my Softail. I dread the day it happens.

I almost spilled it while we were on a Road King once and that was a scary ordeal. Damn gravel driveway almost took us down but I was able to regain control before loosing it. I doubt if I could have gotten the RKC back on two wheels myself. [:@]

Old 11-20-2006, 03:09 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ed, Glad your both ok. As Grunt said your one of us now [8D]

Old 11-20-2006, 03:14 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My left leg got caught under the Kury adjustable passanger peg and couldnt get it out before it drug me off the bike

Consider it a wake up call. You were very lucky not to end up with a busted leg or foot. Keep them feet wide. I have almost been caught by that trap a few times. Another one to watch for is getting your foot trapped between a sharp angled curb, the frame, and the rear pegs/floorboards. A 780 pound Harley shows no mercy.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Pathfinder
Cruiser

I pulled the same passenger pegs off my bike. The passenger footboards are good enough for the wife and I too have been caught up in them. Haven't dropped her but come pretty close a couple times. They just happen to hit me almost right behind the knee. I don't need another torn ACL!

Old 11-20-2006, 03:29 PM
LIRIDE
Road Warrior

Been there, done that. Glad you're ok. Important thing is to learn from it.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:37 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to the club. The last time I did that I ended up having to have my rotator cuff (shoulder) repaired. I wasn't aware I had screwed it up till several days later. Good luck!!

Old 11-20-2006, 03:44 PM
UncleMike
Road Master

Nobody hurt that's good. I've seen my share of bikes on their side, heck in the old days that was how we parked them. Just get the pedal up high and lay em down......

Quick Reply: Dropped my Bike