General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped my Bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Dropped my Bike

Web, like everyone else, sure glad you're both ok! Also like everyone else.........welcome to the club! 42 years on the front seat now, and I dropped my EGC as recently as this past summer! Something I haven't seen mentioned here yet though is get yourself a copy of Ride Like A Pro...........it's basically a dvd of the motor officers course.........it will teach you all about low speed stuff. Like it says, anyone can ride a bike at 60, but this course teaches you things like a full-lock, full-lean turn at 5 mph scraping the floorboards with both feet on the boards! I had no idea a bagger could do this stuff until this past year! And, you CAN easily pick up even an Ultra Classic alone! I know, I can now do it! Even my wife has done it and she's only 5' 4"! Get the dvd, it's well worth the money; even after all these years I feel my skills and confidence have improved dramatically! Now if I can admit to all this stuff after that much time in the saddle, then I don't think you need to worry bout nothin! The only time you should be putting your feet down is to keep the bike up when you actually stop! Avoids the kind of thing that happened to you!

Old 11-21-2006, 01:04 PM
ZJAvy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dropped my Bike

That really sucks man, so glad you two are ok. I guess I dont want you to think im coming off like an *** but take a look at it and learn from the mistake made so you dont do it again. Feet down is very bad and causes things like this.