General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People saving a motorcyclist for a change (after a driver nearly kills him)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 02:37 PM
CSP067
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm just guessing, but it looks like they didn't want to move him until the wind shifted and the flames were moving directly toward him. You notice the one cop trying to stabilize his neck and head ... a good move, although they eventually didn't move him. Better not to move him at all, but you don't want to see him hurt worse if you don't.

Aside from all that, it does your heart good to see folks come to his aid like that. We need more of that in this country.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:01 PM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Amazing video, and a great reminder about mankind. We all get a little jaded because so many people are afraid to get involved or risk their lives to help someone, but we need to remember that there are still many good people out there. A few weeks ago, I came upon a bike accident with a seriously injured rider laying in the street. I got there about 5 minutes after the wreck. There was at least three people (all non-riders) attending to the injured rider and they were doing a fantastic job. There was at least 5 cars that had stopped, using their cars and their bodies to block traffic to protect the injured rider. It took about 20 minutes for police and paramedics to arrive, and they credited the citizens for saving the rider's life. Not one of the citizens left a name or any info so that they could be thanked. They just did it because they were good people. Let's all remember that. We tend to dwell on the ugliness of mankind, but there is still a lot of good people out there!

Old 09-13-2011, 03:21 PM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are still good people out there.........and that video is simply amazing! I will withhold judgement on the suit.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:31 PM
VRodnWV
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simply amazing what great people, I believe that there is good in almost all people and this video is proof.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:39 PM
CSP067
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cayers
I will withhold judgement on the suit.
Nah, you didn't. You just withheld comment.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:58 PM
kanddr
Cruiser

Happened about 1/2 hour from my home on a road I travel all the time. Good to see everybody coming to the help of the rider and the fact that the rider is doing better.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:31 AM
hyperfocal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you guys tell me how he got under the car? Did the BMW run over him? Just trying to figure out how he ended up under the car.

Very happy He is going to be ok!

Hyper

Old 09-14-2011, 12:43 PM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That was a great vid, and just shows there are still some selfless good people out there. yeah I thnk the dude in the suit just standing there was the driver of the car.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:33 PM
kanddr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hyperfocal
Can you guys tell me how he got under the car? Did the BMW run over him? Just trying to figure out how he ended up under the car.
"Police say Wright was heading east on U.S. Highway 89 and swerved to avoid being hit by another vehicle that was pulling out of the parking lot across from the university's Lund Hall.

Wright knew he was in trouble and laid his bike down in an effort to protect himself."

Old 09-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 20,249 Likes on 5,859 Posts

Originally Posted by Foodog
I'm surprised that no one bothered to check the rider after he was pulled from underneath the car. He could have been in desperate need of CPR.

If you watch close, the cop made everyone clear out as soon as they got him out from under the car...didn't want a bystander to get hurt from the fire.

Quick Reply: People saving a motorcyclist for a change (after a driver nearly kills him)